• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

THE MAGIC NUMBER THREAD

This thread is (almost) redundant now - 13 ahead with 8 to play & it's all about who comes first

The others are really not troubling us

Do be honest, I wouldn't object to that scenario, but to get humiliated at Wembley would be better in my view.

I used to like villa, had a healthy respect, they have been the biggest and best West Midlands club since late 70's. There was always a healthy respect between Wolves and Villa, as we both knew who the biggest clubs in the Midlands was.
Now with their Owner, CEO, and Old Potato head spouting shit they can stay in the champ for me the longer the better

I used to like villa, had a healthy respect, they have been the biggest and best West Midlands club since late 70's. There was always a healthy respect between Wolves and Villa, as we both knew who the biggest clubs in the Midlands was.
Now with their Owner, CEO, and Old Potato head spouting shit they can stay in the champ for me the longer the better

If Mr Potatohead doesnt get them up this season they are screwed with there out of control wage bill and ageing squad. FFP is ready to bite them in the arse (if my adding up is correct)

If Mr Potatohead doesnt get them up this season they are screwed with there out of control wage bill and ageing squad. FFP is ready to bite them in the arse (if my adding up is correct)

Yeah they pretty much are.
who would you get money for ?

Grealish - 10 - 15 Million

Who Else?

So if we beat Boro and Hull, and both of Villa and Fulham don’t win one of their next two games, we can get promoted with a win at Cardiff? Think that’s right. Unlikely, but by no means impossible.

Hoping for Home vs Blues. What a mental that would be.

Please the fucking fences up if there’s going to be a pitch invasion...

Pitch invasions are almost impossible to prevent.

Yes. But it’s so embarrassing. They’ll be on the pitch when we guarantee finishing second, when we are officially champions and then the last Home game of the season. Fortunately final day away at Sunderland, probably in the top tier where you can’t make the pitch.

Why I’d rather it not happen against blues because there’s a few idiots instead of celebrating will go over to the blues fans to goad them.
When we went up in 09 it wasn’t a problem as QPR bought a few hundred fans and were in mid table.

Just posted this in the Chasing Pack thread, and then I realised it should probably go in here! :)

"So - we have 82 pts at the moment. I have just been looking back over the final championship tables since 2000 and it turns out the average points total needed to finish second has been 83.5 - with the 82 pts we have at the moment, we wouldn't have finished lower than 5th in the last 17 seasons. With 82 pts we would have finished 5th 2 times, 4th 7 times, 3rd 6 times, 2nd once and once we would have been champions (2007/08, when West Brom won it with 81 pts!)."

Fancy one of Villa or Fulham to have good form going into the run in, 3rd will probably get about 87-88 points in reality.

Look back to division one. At this stage there was talk of NEEDING 100 points. It didn't turn out that way.

Back