• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

THE MAGIC NUMBER THREAD

Lge |-----Club-----|- Games -|-Max-pts -|--Pts--|
Pos |----Name-----|Remain--|-available-|-won--|
-----------------------------------------------------
-01-|---Wolves----|----8-----|----106----|--82--|
-02-|---Cardiff----|----9-----|----103----|--76--|
-03-|---Fulham---|----8-----|-----93-----|--69--|
-04-|---Villa-------|----8-----|-----93-----|--69--|
-05-|---Derby-----|----9-----|-----89-----|--62--|
-06-|---'Boro------|----8-----|-----86-----|--62--|

I'll try to keep this updated after each match but it confirms what Paddy said earlier, that as things stand, Fulham and Villa can only get to 93pts max. if they win every game, so as we have 82pts now, then we only need a maximum of 12pts to be promoted.

Beat Boro and they can't catch us. That will be another one ticked off. Not to mention removing the 1951 hoodoo.

Beat Boro and they can't catch us. That will be another one ticked off. Not to mention removing the 1951 hoodoo.

If we beat 'Boro, it's likely they'll drop out of the top 6 as there are 3 sides chasing them hard with Bristol City, Sheff Utd. and Preston very close.

The Boro jinx will continue for another season. Our weak point is where a Pulis team are strongest.

great to reach the point where 94 is a guaranteed promotion spot. hopefully a few more dropped points from 3/4th will drop that to 90 or below. sooner the better we get there and can experiment a bit, though appreciate we’d still like the title.

I think we'll only get 3 points from our next 3 games, so think it will get tighter before we pull away again towards the end.

I think we'll only get 3 points from our next 3 games, so think it will get tighter before we pull away again towards the end.

Norwich to beat both Fulham and Villa at home and leave us 10 points clear with 4 games to go.

Why do people still waste their time & energy predicting results?! :icon_lol:

The last week proves there’s literally no point in attempting to predict results in this league. No one will win all of their remaining fixtures, but we’ll definitely win 4 more games before the season finishes so we’re as good as up. The end.

Why do people still waste their time & energy predicting results?! :icon_lol:

The last week proves there’s literally no point in attempting to predict results in this league. No one will win all of their remaining fixtures, but we’ll definitely win 4 more games before the season finishes so we’re as good as up. The end.

Yeah i'd agree with this. I can't see us losing many either if any though, while we have some tough fixtures i think that Villa game really gave the squad and Nuno the boost to push on again and settle the league. We have the best players and we've seen when they play as they can then no team can match them especially now we have a striker scoring goals again.

Not beyond the realms of possibility I guess. I’d be pretty disappointed if we did though. Don’t want to just be flat track bullies who lose to any team half decent

Suspect that we can come away from Cardiff with at least a point - the team will be focused on them not getting too close

Boro are far enough away to not register that much

Not beyond the realms of possibility I guess. I’d be pretty disappointed if we did though. Don’t want to just be flat track bullies who lose to any team half decent
I think their styles will cause us issues, particularly Boro, for Cardiff you may see a cagey game with both teams settling for a point from the start though. Plus for the Boro game I'm concerned about players returning a couple of days beforehand from International duty. I said after Villa I thought our last ten games would be W7D0L3

Last edited:
I think their styles will cause us issues, particularly Boro, for Cardiff you may see a cagey game with both teams setting for a point from the start though. Plus for the Boro game I'm concerned about players returning a couple of days beforehand from International duty. I said after Villa I thought out last ten games would be W6D0L4

'Boro have 5 first team players away on International duty too...

Hardly flat track bullies are we, if we beat Cardiff and Sunderland then we have beat every team in the league this season. Fulham and Villa games Nuno got it massively wrong and i'm not sure he will again.

Fulham game was probably the game that we really needed Neves . Scoreline aside, I thought the Villa game was pretty even, to be honest.

Not really seen much of Boro, but I really think we will give Cardiff a good-hiding.

Back