• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d do the typical thing under Pep - probably be a bit ‘meh’ for a season and then next year become a superstar for them.
Probably the most reasonable guess. Would it shock me if he didn’t, though? Not really, based on what we’ve seen so far.

If anyone could do it, Pep is obviously the guy.

In fairness, City would be a huge draw even if we were in any kind of decent condition.

It’s more telling that we’re potentially selling two signings from last year. But of course we’re stuck with bloody Guedes.

It’s happening now just have to hope we grow some balls and hold out for some more money

Anything in excess of £60m would do it I think. And Palace would probably want more than that for Eze.

I wouldn't be a tiny bit surprised if this is the result of Mendes getting his clients away from Wolves after Saturday.

Something clearly went on in the changing room and those Mendes clients are now putting stories out to the press wanting out.

Can he get us some money for Guedes then? Ta.

IF it gets reinvested into a central defender and midfielder (huge IF), then by all means sell him.

It won’t, though.

We'd need a wide forward as well once he left unless we're keeping Podence or Guedes for another year.

Yep. Not that Nunes is a wide forward anyway. He hasn’t set the world alight and if you could guarantee that any profit on him was going to sign replacements, I’d be all for it.

He’ll become a ridiculous player under Pep, but that’s a good coach for you.

IF it gets reinvested into a central defender and midfielder (huge IF), then by all means sell him.

It won’t, though.
We'll need another wide option too as Neto, Sarabia and Hwang is far too light given injury records, doubts over suitability for the league and the ability to make Jeremy Helan look technically gifted in every other appearance.

You'd think Elvedi and Brownhill wouldn't be much more than £12m for the pair, which would leave plenty before you even take into account the £93m we've already made

Ah, who am I kidding!

Podence won’t play again I don’t think if stories are to be believed that he’s become a troublemaker.

Guedes doesn’t want to be here.

Well that's a bit silly.
He's not a rat, not been here long enough to have grown his loyalty nodule,
We'll get good money for him.
And we're not a sinking ship.
It was a bit tongue in cheek, but he's not done anything very worthwhile since joining and we are listing somewhat...

It would probably be quite another significant wage gone as well, but as I said: it won’t get reinvested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back