• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not even accredited with which bunch of shitbeak shyster waste of space liars first polluted the internet with it, so it’s even less believable. That is a massive oversight for an aggregation site - looks like they have just made it up.

Which they probably have.

It’s not even accredited with which bunch of shitbeak shyster waste of space liars first polluted the internet with it, so it’s even less believable. That is a massive oversight for an aggregation site - looks like they have just made it up.

Which they probably have.
SkySports

No one coming in but we sell Hwang and are left with Podence covering forward positions. 🤡

So I wonder if Guo & Jeff will pull the trigger on a couple of signings this week, having watched the game at the weekend. We could well find ourselves stranded at the bottom of the table with another couple of defeats & then the season has turned in to a relegation scrap before we're barely out of August.

Lots of people scoffing about the idea of signing Antonio, but he scored against Chelsea in a win yesterday. Don't think we'd be able to attract him now. Cresswell was back on the bench for them yesterday and we don't exactly need him anyway.

Elvedi will probably happen, but the way we've handled it has been shocking and we all know he isn't replacing Captain Max (even though he should).

Still think we could do with 2-3 over the line to beef the squad up.

Last edited:
Putting aside the reality that our owners are systematically doing the reverse of anything needed to make us better on the pitch, and will likely continue…

The bare minimum and most important fixes are actually relatively simple:
1. Sign Elvedi - without improving at CB we’re down so this seems like a reasonable use of £10m tops. You probably need another one of these too, but obviously you’re not getting it.
2. Replace the GK for near break even. We simply can’t afford the fragility that carrying the incumbent delivers. GON may have no say whatsoever in what’s needed but, FWIW, imagine being a professional manager at any level and having the last two games as the first you’ve really focused on in the flesh and not concluding an immediate improvement between the sticks is necessary and easy.
3. Get a striker with any kind of goal record and reliable fitness record. We’re not finding the next Raul but the only currently functioning number 9 has just shown you he can’t do the job, despite optimistic Wolves fans delighted to see him back for a reason that seems to be ‘he looks older’.

Making Kilman the linchpin of the club is a harder one to reverse engineer. It’s a proper clanger, but hardly the only one we’ve made.

Of course, I doubt we’ll do any of the above because, well, ‘because’.

So I wonder if Guo & Jeff will pull the trigger on a couple of signings this week, having watched the game at the weekend. We could well find ourselves stranded at the bottom of the table with another couple of defeats & then the season has turned in to a relegation scrap before we're barely out of August.

Lots of people scoffing about the idea of signing Antonio, but he scored against Chelsea in a win yesterday. Don't think we'd be able to attract him now. Cresswell was back on the bench for them yesterday and we don't exactly need him anyway.

Elvedi will probably happen, but the way we've handled it has been shocking and we all know he isn't replacing Captain Max (even though he should).

Still think we could do with 2-3 over the line to beef the squad up.
You think we're going to sign players?

Also if you think signing Antonio solves our problems you're watching via text updates.

You think we're going to sign players?

Also if you think signing Antonio solves our problems you're watching via text updates.
I think they'll get a couple over the line this week. Probably off radar free signings, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got Elvedi (if we find a buyer for someone like Podence).

I don't "think" we should sign Antonio, but right now it seems churlish to turn our nose up to anyone of that level, given our current situation.

I think they'll get a couple over the line this week. Probably off radar free signings, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got Elvedi (if we find a buyer for someone like Podence).

I don't "think" we should sign Antonio, but right now it seems churlish to turn our nose up to anyone of that level, given our current situation.
I admire your optimism. I can't see us signing anybody.

I would love half the squad to be upgraded if we expect to even challenge for mid table, but we're not getting anyone, even to cover positions of need like CB, wing, 8/10 mid.

I think they'll throw O'Neil a cheap bone on a centre half, probably on loan. Podence will go, probably on loan and Jonny will stay because of lack of interest or he'll go to Spain on loan with us heavily subsidising his salary

I admire your optimism. I can't see us signing anybody.
You might well be right, mate. I just think Shi has no backbone and won't want the crowd to turn on him so he'll sign off a couple of freebies/cheap signings so at least he can point to them as making an effort.

You might well be right, mate. I just think Shi has no backbone and won't want the crowd to turn on him so he'll sign off a couple of freebies/cheap signings so at least he can point to them as making an effort.
I'm not sure Jeff has any more power than GON. Be amazed if he doesn't quietly dissapear in the next year - he's totally failed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back