• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also said he failed to hold it up, missed a great chance, he at least hit the target.

He also chased back several times
dispossessing the Brighton player once leaving him for dead.

He had a decent half.
As I say confirmation bias. When 4 down and needing goals he was taken off on 55 minutes though when seemingly not injured, that bit is fact

Silva can't do the job based on 60 minutes?
I don’t want to fall out with anyone! It’s a genuine opinion. I watched him here before he went out on loan, I saw his sub appearance at Man U then I watched him carefully through the warm up and the match itself Saturday. Personally I thought he had a poor first half and, yes, I judged him harshly on his very clear one on one as, in my opinion, that’s a better time to judge him than on training videos. What can I say, I just don’t think he’ll be much use to us. He does come across as a bit of dick as well, which is easier to tolerate if he doesn’t bottle clutch moments.

As ever, but we seem to need to clarify this, I’d be delighted if he starts scoring with regularity, starting this Saturday. When he’s on the pitch and I’m in the ground I’ll only encourage him (a courtesy he hasn’t always extended to Wolves players, particularly one who came on and showed him how to put it in the onion bag at the weekend).

I don’t want to fall out with anyone! It’s a genuine opinion. I watched him here before he went out on loan, I saw his sub appearance at Man U then I watched him carefully through the warm up and the match itself Saturday. Personally I thought he had a poor first half and, yes, I judged him harshly on his very clear one on one as, in my opinion, that’s a better time to judge him than on training videos. What can I say, I just don’t think he’ll be much use to us. He does come across as a bit of dick as well, which is easier to tolerate if he doesn’t bottle clutch moments.

As ever, but we seem to need to clarify this, I’d be delighted if he starts scoring with regularity, starting this Saturday. When he’s on the pitch and I’m in the ground I’ll only encourage him (a courtesy he hasn’t always extended to Wolves players, particularly one who came on and showed him how to put it in the onion bag at the weekend).
How do you know he has not given courtesy to Hwang?

I don't mind someone thinking Ng he is not going to do it, the game is all about opinions, however pre season he was good, he did plenty of good things and plenty of bad things.

How do you know he has not given courtesy to Hwang?
Assume he’s referring to Fabio appearing to bust out laughing on the sideline when Hwang failed to control a diagonal pass. Forget who against. Season before last.

It was a bad one, Hwang thought he needed to slide to redirect the ball to stay in play, but he went to ground about two yards too early and ended up shunting the ball out of play even faster.

Better Alonso than Cresswell? I guess?

Alonso has always been an absolutely tragic LB. He's a LWB or nothing, and even then I doubt he's anything like as effective as he was 5-6 years ago.

No, one is an over the hill full back, who could at least at one point defend. The other is an over the hill wing back who could never defend...we don't play wing backs and if for some reason we chose to we literally have 3 centre halves

Alonso played at centre back mainly for Barca last season to be fair. That being said we really shouldn’t be looking to sign him in any capacity.

That we couldn't even tie down Benfica to a loan with option tells you everything really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back