• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t particularly want Rodrigo at all but considering in a month or so’s time we could be down to Sasa as our only striker option (and after 45 minutes to go on no one knows whether he’s good enough or not) so at £3.5m as a squad option it sort of makes sense. I think.
Value wise absolutely fine. And more than happy with him as a squad option.

If he’s the only incoming in that position however I’d be very disappointed.

Maybe that means If we sign him for 3.5 we can stretch to 16.5 for one signing 🤔

I'd accept £35m for Kilman before I took £25m for Collins. I think there's still some development in Collins and there's half a chance he'll be very good.
I’m with you there, but I’d gladly take 60m for them both!

Liam’s saying we want 25m and Brentford are close so sounds like it’ll happen

I'd happily start fresh in that position and sell them both.

I really like Toti and Dawson can do a job for another couple of seasons. If the scouting department can Identify one left sided and one right sided CB to compete with them in that magic £8-15M price range and we can shift 2 underperforming first team players out for £60M...

He's very quick, agile, strong and good in the air.
He’s also better on the ball than he “looks” because he’s so gangly. Though his passing is inconsistent there are times where he can really ping a pass and he can step in with it.

I do think he has all the attributes to be seriously good, but we saw very little of that last season and Julen doesn’t seem to have the patience for him. So if we made a profit, I could understand but be worried it might come back to bite us

How much do you think we'll get from Leicester if Coady goes there?

I'm thinking £3m ish with add-ons for promotion and maybe England selection.

How much do you think we'll get from Leicester if Coady goes there?

I'm thinking £3m ish with add-ons for promotion and maybe England selection.
I would say £3m with a £1m promotion bonus. Highly unlikely Coad's gets given the England pompoms again

He's very quick, agile, strong and good in the air.
I’ve never seen someone beat in the channel so readily as Collins so if he indeed has those attributes then it’s his brain letting him down which isn’t good.

Also think he’s pretty feeble in the air for someone his size.

And a quick check of fbref to check says he’s 17th percentile for aerials won%

Rumours up here on a Newcastle social media site that they are looking into taking Neves on loan from Al Hilal. Now if that ain't fucking dodgy...

On the Collins thing .

Everyone is praising Dawson since he arrived , and correctly so . However , what Dawson brings more than anything else is experience - good old fashioned experience .

Can anyone tell me what Dawson was like and how he was rated when he was 22 years of age ?

Kilman is 26 and does not seem to be improving , surely there is more potential for improvement in Collins .

That said - if there is a decent bid in for Collins and no bid for Kilman - then it's hard to say no if JL is going for a Dawson / Toti partnership .
However - who is the back up centre half then ? What happens if one of them picks up a long term injury ?

If we have a rock solid centre half lined up , then fair enough . It does however appear ( Hobbs confirmed I think ) , that we are going to sell before we buy .

Collins isn't going to improve with splinters in his arse. If the manager doesn't want a work in progress, takes the cash on offer and brings in somebody that he is willing to start then Kilman will be the bench option.

We won't/can't repeat last years mistake of allowing a number of centre halves to leave without replacing them.

I’ve never seen someone beat in the channel so readily as Collins so if he indeed has those attributes then it’s his brain letting him down which isn’t good.

Also think he’s pretty feeble in the air for someone his size.

And a quick check of fbref to check says he’s 17th percentile for aerials won%
I definitely think it's his brain.

He can't quite put it all together which is why I liken him to Adama.

I thought he was better than that in the air but clearly not, again that might be to do with timing as he's certainly not timid at all and a couple of times has stuck his head in where it hurts.

I'd say Kilman is far more timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back