• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played upfront for Leeds last year when he scored 5/6 goals at the start of the season.
He definitely played off the main striker against us last season.

Every time I've seen him he's played a deep lying role rather than up front as a central striker.

Exactly the same type of forward player as Cunha. A carbon copy of him in fact.

He definitely played off the main striker against us last season.

Every time I've seen him he's played a deep lying role rather than up front as a central striker.

Exactly the same type of forward player as Cunha. A carbon copy of him in fact.

Definitely played as a 9 early, I remember speaking to a customer who's a Leeds fan about it and he specifically mentioned he'd started scoring as he was finally played in a role that suited him.

I don’t particularly want Rodrigo at all but considering in a month or so’s time we could be down to Sasa as our only striker option (and after 45 minutes to go on no one knows whether he’s good enough or not) so at £3.5m as a squad option it sort of makes sense. I think.

The Collins to Brentford speculation is an interesting one .

He moved from Stoke to Burnley in the Summer of 2021 , from Burnley to Wolves in the Summer of 2022.......is he now going to move to another club in the Summer of 2023 ?

Not a great look to be moving that much . Let's say he had stayed with Burnley - he's be back now in the Premier League and would probably have established himself as a certain starter for them .

Maybe JL has told him he has no interest in keeping him - I don't know , but it's a big risk moving again so soon .

Yep. He has all the tools you would want from a centre half, he's even shown to be half decent on the ball. I think he'll be another that will make us look a bit stupid if we let him go and he starts to put it all together. Ala Vitinha.

Yep. He has all the tools you would want from a centre half, he's even shown to be half decent on the ball. I think he'll be another that will make us look a bit stupid if we let him go and he starts to put it all together. Ala Vitinha.
I think you're right, but what do we do in the meantime?

I think we'll accept bids for either Collins or Kilman and have a view on who we'd get in who would improve us right now.

He's a bit Adama for me, I'm not sure he can put all these tools together with decision making.

It might take 3 or 4 years which is a long time to wait and we don't have that, we have an immediate need.

I think you're right, but what do we do in the meantime?

I think we'll accept bids for either Collins or Kilman and have a view on who we'd get in who would improve us right now.
Sell Collins and buy Garcia from Osasuna would be my thoughts.

I wonder if Villa might be tempted to sell Carlos for a knockdown price if they buy any of their CB targets.

JL didn't sign him and clearly doesn't rate him. Toti and Dawson both seem to be much better players.

Yes, he might well turn it around and prove to be a good player but he's not shown nearly enough in his 12 months here, and I wouldn't be upset to lose him. £25m helps us - I'd sell.

May well be a recurring theme this window - but there really aren't that many players I'd be against selling.

He's a bit Adama for me, I'm not sure he can put all these tools together with decision making.

It might take 3 or 4 years which is a long time to wait and we don't have that, we have an immediate need.

Maybe, by the same respect he was good for Burnley when paired with a more experienced partner. I don't believe he's started with Dawson alongside him for us, maybe he just needs that bit of guidance that Kilman isn't able to provide?

We can only sell who people will bid for as well, £25m feels a good deal all round and we need/want money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back