• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team with our revenue streams can’t be getting big transfers so badly wrong and/or let a lot of big signings leave for free.
The only ones I'd be annoyed about leaving on a free from that lot are Traore and Guedes. The latter because he was a just a terrible over-priced signing, and Traore because he should have been sold before letting his contract run out.

The rest are due to injury or age, which is fair enough. They've been good servants for several seasons.

The only ones I'd be annoyed about leaving on a free from that lot are Traore and Guedes. The latter because he was a just a terrible over-priced signing, and Traore because he should have been sold before letting his contract run out.

The rest are due to injury or age, which is fair enough. They've been good servants for several seasons.
But that’s not what I’m saying. Good servants or not, bad luck or not. You can’t keep making huge losses on players

Attachments

• 040F82CA-3906-492B-8822-B4BBA56D18C0.jpeg
    040F82CA-3906-492B-8822-B4BBA56D18C0.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 11
I think he has the potential to be a good signing. Certainly for the fee. I doubt Lop wants him to leave yet.
I think we made some short term signings in January that were about this season to keep us up and tbd beyond that. Dawson, Lemina, and Sarabia. Obviously the first 2 will be around next year, I think he'll move on though and we'll at worse case get our money back. May be different in a few hours time but he hasn't even come on the pitch in the last 4 games

I saw a sat recently that puts Cunha as the best final thrid progressive carrier outside the top 6 (he was way out ahead as well). He's got so much talent he's just doing it in non threatening areas atm. Combine that with a tendency to fluff his lines in front of goal and he can look a bit pointless sometimes.

Lopetegui will improve him though. He's clearly our best forward player, he just needs a bit of support around him.

Sarabia we'd be stupid to throw away. We've pissed so much money up the wall on players like Guedes & Silva that it'd be incredible stupidity not to use a player like Sarabia who we signed for way below his value.

You can't sell what nobody bids for. It's been clear for 2 years he's not signing a new deal, and he's been a squad player for us - that tells you how attractive he is as a purchase.

I'm pretty sure he'll still be here as long as our offer is on the table

You can't sell what nobody bids for. It's been clear for 2 years he's not signing a new deal, and he's been a squad player for us - that tells you how attractive he is as a purchase.

I'm pretty sure he'll still be here as long as our offer is on the table
I really hope not.

It would be a complete waste of a squad place. Especially when we need attacking players who score.

I really hope not.

It would be a complete waste of a squad place. Especially when we need attacking players who score.
Adama can go.

At this point it's not even sensible to renew on reduced wages (which he would never accept). Lopetegui doesn't use him. He's nowhere near good enough.

I'm inclined to believe that rumour about him going to Nuno's Saudi team. Money has always been a factor in Adama not renewing, he seems to have an inflated sense of his own worth and I can't see anyone other than a Saudi team matching him on it.

Hwang is alledgedly on pittance. I wouldn’t re-sign him if he had similar wages.

Actually I wouldn’t even sign him if he was playing for free.
He'll inevitably be here next season. Somebody might actually pay money for Podence, nobody is going anywhere near Hwang. Hopefully we upgrade on Adama, Costa & Podence and he finds his game time even more limited than it already is.

Lopetegui seems to be bringing him on as a late sub recently which I've no issue with. He's fast, strong(ish), works hard and is intelligent enough in those situations (compared to Adama).

I saw a sat recently that puts Cunha as the best final thrid progressive carrier outside the top 6 (he was way out ahead as well)

Just spent ages trawling the last 7 days of Reddit to post that and can't find it. Must have been Twitter or even on here. Think we had a few decent ones on there.

He'll inevitably be here next season. Somebody might actually pay money for Podence, nobody is going anywhere near Hwang. Hopefully we upgrade on Adama, Costa & Podence and he finds his game time even more limited than it already is.

Lopetegui seems to be bringing him on as a late sub recently which I've no issue with. He's fast, strong(ish), works hard and is intelligent enough in those situations (compared to Adama).
I meant Adama. I’m actually ok with Hwang now accepting he is rubbish but at least has some use

Is that a long-term Wolves contract, subject to Barcelona not signing him?

That's not the way I read it, but I can see how you saw it the opposite way.
I read it your way, Tony, but how would they agree terms without first bidding? Is that allowed?

I read it your way, Tony, but how would they agree terms without first bidding? Is that allowed?
Officially no, Mendesy yes. Tbf players being tapped up before a transfer happens all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back