• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it your way, Tony, but how would they agree terms without first bidding? Is that allowed?

Technically no and you can't on FIFA or Football Manager, in reality it happens a lot these days. Probably started to shift that way 10 years ago.

Guarantee we sorted out terms with João Gomes before we sorted out a fee with Flamengo.

Pop quiz - would you stomach Neves going to Newcastle over Barca if it meant we got top dollar for him?

Pop quiz - would you stomach Neves going to Newcastle over Barca if it meant we got top dollar for him?
Personally don’t care where he goes or the money involved, really. Just want him to successful, wherever it is. He deserves that.

I thought the tweet was fairly obvious in meaning he's unofficially agreed a deal with Barcelona (probably weeks/months ago in reality), assuming they can agree a fee with us, and they're allowed to sign him.

I thought the tweet was fairly obvious in meaning he's unofficially agreed a deal with Barcelona (probably weeks/months ago in reality), assuming they can agree a fee with us, and they're allowed to sign him.

Fair. To be honest if he wants Barca I get the impression Xavi doesn't really fancy him - might rely on what happens with Gundogan (different players obviously, but they can't have a lot of wage space)

Man City are offering Gundogan a new deal. More likely he stays there than take a likely pay cut at Barca.

Personally don’t care where he goes or the money involved, really. Just want him to successful, wherever it is. He deserves that.

This for me too. He wouldn't get that at Newcastle though.

I'd be interested to see what Neves would do if Newcastle or Manchester United came calling, which are probably his likeliest Premier League destinations - and far more likely than Barcelona IMO.

I'd say Ruben's chances of ended up at Barca have dropped off significantly since Alemany decided to stay and lead on their business. Regardless, going to a club, no matter their stature, when the manager doesn't want you is insane.

To put it another way, which club wouldn't be improved by Neves in the starting XI - even trying to remove my wolves bias, I struggle to think of any team. May have said Real Madrid before I saw their performance against Man City mid week

This for me too. He wouldn't get that at Newcastle though.
Maybe, maybe not. I think he’s a smart enough guy that he won’t leave if it doesn’t feel like a very good fit for him personally (on the field and off).

To put it another way, which club wouldn't be improved by Neves in the starting XI - even trying to remove my wolves bias, I struggle to think of any team. May have said Real Madrid before I saw their performance against Man City mid week

In the Premier League? Probably only Manchester City and Arsenal. And even with the latter I'd have him over Partey.

Personally I would take him going to Spurs if it was a sort of panic overpay signing for about 80 million. Which does feel like they are close in their cycle to do as a way of trying to appease the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back