• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember where I saw this but David Connolly attended a day put on by Lopetegui's DOF with the PFA about how he achieved success and what they are now doing at Wolves.
Connolly thinks Mendes' days at leading our transfer dealings are done

Obviously we need to pay an overinflated fee for young players so they know we value them highly. It is a big boost to their confidence so what could possibly go wrong?

Can't remember where I saw this but David Connolly attended a day put on by Lopetegui's DOF with the PFA about how he achieved success and what they are now doing at Wolves.
Was on his twitter account.

The Fosun link still exists, he's still Lopetegui's agent. As with Nuno the right of refusal will be reintroduced, but he'll still get his guys in when he wants imo

With his grip on players we are never going to be saying no to one of his clients or cutting him out completely
It's more likely if he is trying to do one of tricks of moving pieces around to earn himself a huge slice rather than help the club we will now say no.
I doubt Lopetegui has a similar relationship with Jorge as Nuno does, which will help.

I'm not so sure it's going back to how it was. Garagarza has to have been brought here for some reason, and we definitely seem to be in the middle of a pivot towards South America (at least in part thanks to the change in overseas players rules thanks to Brexit)

I chucked it into one of the other non-Wolves threads but there's rumours Monchi might actually be on the way out at Sevilla as well, apparently they want Orta for some reason.

I think it's wishful thinking. We wouldn't have signed Cunha (or at least not for forty five fucking million) if he wasn't already in the Mendes stable. He'll continue to have his oily fucking snake fingers in plenty of our business, and most of that we'll be getting mugged on one way or another

We were desperate in January, tbf. I'm hoping that's at least part of why that happened. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

I'd happily cut him off. Thanks very much for the helping hand but we're done now - also don't try any funny shit as Guo still partly owns you.

I think it's wishful thinking. We wouldn't have signed Cunha (or at least not for forty five fucking million) if he wasn't already in the Mendes stable. He'll continue to have his oily fucking snake fingers in plenty of our business, and most of that we'll be getting mugged on one way or another
The £45m is a significant overpayment, but the manager wanted him, that's probably the new equilibrium. Manager gets player he wants from the stable, Jorge makes a fortune off it.

Also why are you making bets with a guy who retweets Right Said Fred? Leave the loonies alone

At least Cunha can play football.

No more Guedes deals or parachuting in a cone boy as manager and I can live with it, even if I don't like it.

Harsh on cone boys.

At least Cunha can play football.

No more Guedes deals or parachuting in a cone boy as manager and I can live with it, even if I don't like it.
I read that last bit as Peter O’Hanrahanrahan and thought you were the German minister of trade for a moment you’re going to ask me to book you a taxi because you’re late for a flight aren’t you as a reply

I read that last bit as Peter O’Hanrahanrahan and thought you were the German minister of trade for a moment you’re going to ask me to book you a taxi because you’re late for a flight aren’t you as a reply
My take home thought from this post is "Do do de do-do"

faf.png

Bit like Guedes this was always going to happen. May as well get used to it.

Unlike Guedes he can actually play football. Although he wouldn't be particularly near the top of my hypothetical list.

Seems like a decent risk free price for Silva but I don't think he's the goalscorer and out and out No.9 we need. Only 4 goals 3 assists in the Bundesliga from 30 appearances.

Personally I'd rather take a risk on a good goalscorer from the Championship for a similar fee.

Assuming we look to play 4-2-3-1 next season then Scott makes sense. Lemina and Gomes behind him would make a good midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back