• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't we can save money with Coads coming back...

Coads will be a starting CB for Everton in the Championship next season.

Less than 12 months after he was a regular in the England squad with us.

If Everton go down I doubt they will be able to afford his transfer fee and wages.

Dyche will stay on I reckon and he clearly doesn't rate Coady (or he is about to hit the games required to trigger an auto transfer) as Keane is being kept in despite performing worse for the last 4 games than any of our players did v Brighton.

So long as Everton send him back and we get the extra money for him...

Everton and using sense in the transfer market?

Nope, does not work

I see Keane & Tarkowski being wanted/sold if they go down, which means they'll probably need to hold on to Coady and I doubt he's the kind of player to kick up much of a fuss if he's made to feel part of the plans. Can't forget all that family/coming home stuff he spouted when he moved back to the area, either.

I don't disagree that a transfer to Sheff Utd to play in a back three would be an ideal move for him & them.

I see Keane & Tarkowski being wanted/sold if they go down, which means they'll probably need to hold on to Coady and I doubt he's the kind of player to kick up much of a fuss if he's made to feel part of the plans. Can't forget all that family/coming home stuff he spouted when he moved back to the area, either.

I don't disagree that a transfer to Sheff Utd to play in a back three would be an ideal move for him & them.
1) Coady is still our player and may well not have triggered any clause Everton had.
2) Keane makes Kilman look like prime Vidic. Not a chance anybody buys him.

£25m for a sub striker similar to one we already own in Silva.

That's surely made up nonsense.

If they don't go up and he is in the final year of his contract, the only way they are getting £25m is via some heavily loaded add-ons.

A goalscorer in England is going to cost at least £15m unfortunately. I have seen him play a couple of times but not enough to form a solid opinion of him.

12 to 15m would be reasonable. Would be happy to have him as a backup / challenger to Sasa.

I like him, stylistically he suits what we are looking for, but also wouldn't be going over mid teens. Only seen him play one full game and then highlights so wouldn't be a hill I'd die on

Sasa/Gyokeres would be fine. Costa maybe gets another year of the terms are suitable for both parties. Kind of a "Coady for the strikers" role.

Does Gyokeres count as homegrown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back