• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article from Percy on the Telegraph today. General points -

• Moutinho, Adama & Costa are expected to leave
  • Jimenez & RAN "could" be sold
  • Semedo has a two year option on his contract and we're expected to trigger it
  • We're excited about Sasa being a key player next season
  • Cunha & Nunes will benefit from a period of adaptation and should be key players too
Only thing we really learn there is about Sasa, which is good.

Has there been any info or pictures of Sasa at all? Must be getting close in his recovery by now?

His recovery was around nine months I think, so he'll be back for pre-season.

He should flourish with the likes of Cunha and Nunes around him - Costa has demonstrated what we really need to make Lopetegui's system work is a bit of presence upfront who leads the press, and judging by videos (I know) Sasa is capable of that.

It's just his injury record that makes me slightly nervy, so hopefully we can convince Silva to stick around as a back-up... or maybe punt on someone like Gyokeres.

Interesting article from Percy on the Telegraph today. General points -

• Moutinho, Adama & Costa are expected to leave
  • Jimenez & RAN "could" be sold
  • Semedo has a two year option on his contract and we're expected to trigger it
  • We're excited about Sasa being a key player next season
  • Cunha & Nunes will benefit from a period of adaptation and should be key players too
Interested on the Sasa point, think a few have already written him off which would be unwise. While some may get sentimental about Costa, it's the right decision not to give him another year if true. Same goes for Raul really, albeit for different reasons.

Marcus Edwards is a good player but way over hyped. The time to sign him was when he was at Vitória and still relatively cheap.

Our fans would absolutely despise him straight off the bat as well.

I was wondering if Silva could occupy the same kind of role as Cunha?

Maybe Silva could cover both, if you think Silva is good enough of course.

*Dons helmet*

I was wondering if Silva could occupy the same kind of role as Cunha?

Maybe Silva could cover both, if you think Silva is good enough of course.

*Dons helmet*
If he was good enough, and Lop may well think he is, then he is the type of player that can link and play off the shoulder of the last man.

He is a different type of striker to Sasa and would probably do well in a pair.

But, and it's a huge but, if he thinks he's too good to be on the bench and wants to be somewhere else we should flog him and buy somebody who does want to be here with a bit of humility.

Both Costa and Silva look like strikers that should be playing in a two. Maybe they'd work quite well together if they had a creative midfielder behind them.

Random rumour...but not sure where it started but sounds like one of those we need some hits so let's link lots of clubs and hope it sticks rumours...

Interested in Ruben Loftus-Cheek

There's something there, a bit like Gallagher he looked at his best when not at Chelsea

The season before the 2018 World Cup he looked a real Rolls-Royce of a player in the making. Gone nowhere ever since though and that's a long time to have zero impact.

I bet we get linked with Maitland-Niles again at some point as he's on a free.

Random rumour...but not sure where it started but sounds like one of those we need some hits so let's link lots of clubs and hope it sticks rumours...

From 2018, #itk
Heard my first shit rumour! His wife works at the club. And it is.... drumroll please ... RLC! So there you go :icon_lol:

If he was good enough, and Lop may well think he is, then he is the type of player that can link and play off the shoulder of the last man.

He is a different type of striker to Sasa and would probably do well in a pair.

But, and it's a huge but, if he thinks he's too good to be on the bench and wants to be somewhere else we should flog him and buy somebody who does want to be here with a bit of humility.
Whereas I’m one of them who thinks Fabio has a lot of potential and will have a decent career - this is pretty accurate tbf.

I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t at a stage now where he can contribute at least

Qualify as homegrown as well as we have a lot of non homegrown on our books as TT has mentioned previously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back