• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi agree with the first bit. Theoretically couldn’t lose but I’m really not convinced he’d have kicked on here.

No idea what what PSG fans think but I’d take João Gomes over him everytime.
Different players, you could play Vitinha in the 10 role or deeper role with Gomes/ Lemina.

I think he would be excellent behind a mobile striker.

£15m was always a bargain for Vitinha, you could see his intelligence and technical ability even in his limited cameos, it was a terrible, terrible decision.

On Joao Gomes, I really can't see him being here come 1/9/24. The kid is absolutely dripping with quality, I've never seen a player win the ball as well and as often down here. His numbers will make the big boys take notice for sure. A ball winning machine with an engine and technical ability is a pretty rare midfielder

£15m was always a bargain for Vitinha, you could see his intelligence and technical ability even in his limited cameos, it was a terrible, terrible decision.

On Joao Gomes, I really can't see him being here come 1/9/24. The kid is absolutely dripping with quality, I've never seen a player win the ball as well and as often down here. His numbers will make the big boys take notice for sure. A ball winning machine with an engine and technical ability is a pretty rare midfielder

Exactly, look at the bids being put in for Caicedo in January. We’d better not sell him on the cheap if he does go!

This is probably very naive on my part, but watching Neves' passion after the penalty yesterday I just can't see him wanting to play for another club in this country.
I felt like that passion was because he was leaving.

But as ever, reading too much into these things either way is folly.

He was sobbing last summer and said goodbye in effect, yet here he is, so...

I felt like that passion was because he was leaving.

But as ever, reading too much into these things either way is folly.

He was sobbing last summer and said goodbye in effect, yet here he is, so...
Yes, I don't think he'll be here next season and just like last year I don't think he does either, just find it hard to believe he'd stay in the PL by choice rather than last resort

I think Neves passion was because we’ve effectively completed the job of staying up. It was an in-the-now moment and I doubt it has any bearing whatsoever on where he’ll be next season.

Really good player. After some of the things Chris Wilder has said about the indiscipline in the Watford squad recently I'd be hesitant before signing anyone from there though.

Really good player. After some of the things Chris Wilder has said about the indiscipline in the Watford squad recently I'd be hesitant before signing anyone from there though.
I'd take Sarr and Pedro. Not sure about anybody else there.

Interesting article from Percy on the Telegraph today. General points -

• Moutinho, Adama & Costa are expected to leave
  • Jimenez & RAN "could" be sold
  • Semedo has a two year option on his contract and we're expected to trigger it
  • We're excited about Sasa being a key player next season
  • Cunha & Nunes will benefit from a period of adaptation and should be key players too

Has there been any info or pictures of Sasa at all? Must be getting close in his recovery by now?

Haven’t even seen him in the background of the canteen eating the fantastic food in any of the videos

Interesting article from Percy on the Telegraph today. General points -

• Moutinho, Adama & Costa are expected to leave
  • Jimenez & RAN "could" be sold
  • Semedo has a two year option on his contract and we're expected to trigger it
  • We're excited about Sasa being a key player next season
  • Cunha & Nunes will benefit from a period of adaptation and should be key players too
That all sounds quite positive, just sign a striker, CB, get Ruben to sign a new contract, jobs a good un, top 4 here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back