• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely a player there. I really don't understand the criticism of his performances either. When he was playing, we were a side that set up defensively and created little to nothing for the small number of attacking players we did play. Then you have to add the Lage factor to that and he basically stood no chance. He also had the added pressure of his price tag to factor in - and I don't care what anyone says, that will always affect peoples judgement because they think we should see an immediate impact.

I saw enough of an improvement from season 1 to season 2 to think that he could potentially succeed here in the future. I think he's bulked up a fair bit since we first signed him and this season is vital in his development because it will be the most games he's played at senior level in his career. Hopefully he scores a few in the second half of this season and it's us that benefits from it. I wouldn't put it past us making a profit on him eventually - hopefully after he's scored a fair few goals for us first. My biggest concern is his attitude, but he's young and has a lot to learn.

His dad, as others have said, comes across like a bit of a "tit". He's sitting on a small fortune thanks to Jorge Mendes and the obvious cash that made it's way to him, so stop being a knob in interviews or in public about your sons employer.

I agree with most of this. I generally feel that strikers of his type mature a lot later than the Rashford types who have the raw pace to beat defenders without having to outsmart them.

I think a few on here are massively overstating issues relating to baggage. If he comes back and plays next season everything that has gone before will be forgotten if he bangs in half a dozen goals by the end of October. Most fans have short memories and players are usually judged on their last few performances and Silva will be no different. Whether he can succeed in the PL is clearly up for debate but no reason to write him off just yet.

I think a few on here are massively overstating issues relating to baggage. If he comes back and plays next season everything that has gone before will be forgotten if he bangs in half a dozen goals by the end of October. Most fans have short memories and players are usually judged on their last few performances and Silva will be no different. Whether he can succeed in the PL is clearly up for debate but no reason to write him off just yet.

I think you underestimate how petty people can be. Not necessarily on here but in general, they would rather he be shit so they were right than him be amazing.

I think you underestimate how petty people can be. Not necessarily on here but in general, they would rather he be shit so they were right than him be amazing.
That's just not true, I don't think anybody wants any player to be shit.

And certainly not one that cost £35m.

If people don't want to see that him being unpopular with teammates is a problem and then his dad commenting on the club paying his wages is another that's up to them.

One good thing is that loads of teams are now paying £30m plus for players so it doesn’t sound as bad anymore :D

commenting on the club paying his wages is another that's up to them.
Well that was Anderlecht until last week, then PSV took over. Paid him no wages this season....

Well that was Anderlecht until last week, then PSV took over. Paid him no wages this season....
Well technically you're wrong, we pay his wages and the other clubs pay Wolves.

He's still our player.

His dad hardly said anything bad did he? Fabio wanted more consistent playing time for his development, surely that’s reasonable. I’m sure he has plenty of connections still and someone asked him for a comment.

Footballer in wanting to play football shocker.

His dad may be a bellend but what's Fab supposed to do, tell off his own father?

As I said, his Dad isn't some random nobody of a parent, he played for Portugal.

If Robbie Savage's son goes on to have some kind of career (currently on loan at FGR from Man Utd) then I'm pretty sure the media will ask Savage Sr about him along the way.

Footballer in wanting to play football shocker.

His dad may be a bellend but what's Fab supposed to do, tell off his own father?
The problem comes when said footballer isn't as good as him or his dad thinks he is.

As I said, his Dad isn't some random nobody of a parent, he played for Portugal.

If Robbie Savage's son goes on to have some kind of career (currently on loan at FGR from Man Utd) then I'm pretty sure the media will ask Savage Sr about him along the way.
And if Savage Snr says he's good enough and should be playing for Utd's first team then his son would be booted quickly from Utd unless he is the next Rooney.

Would he?

Alex Ferguson thought his tubby offspring was the best player at Wolves. He didn't get booted quickly, the bastard was here for five and a half years.
I guess the difference was Ferguson was the manager of the champions and dominant force in football at the time.

That's just not true, I don't think anybody wants any player to be shit.

And certainly not one that cost £35m.

If people don't want to see that him being unpopular with teammates is a problem and then his dad commenting on the club paying his wages is another that's up to them.

You honestly don't know anyone who would rather be right and unhappy than wrong and happy? I know plenty like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back