• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs mentions “reaffirms our processes, which weren’t used before for one reason or another”. Assuming this means sticking to our own internal plans and fucking off Mendes rather than letting him pull the strings.
So on top of everything else Jeff neglected his governance responsibilities 😳

That’s a full house of neglect and incompetence for Mr Shi.

Hobbs media statements have been very interesting - often keen to point out that JL agrees with the players recommended to him, recent arrivals seem to be ones we have been looking at for some time. It doesn't seem like it is Lop who is driving the transfer activity

Hobbs media statements have been very interesting - often keen to point out that JL agrees with the players recommended to him, recent arrivals seem to be ones we have been looking at for some time. It doesn't seem like it is Lop who is driving the transfer activity
From previous stuff, JL gave a list of players and there was a crossover. The club put players to him and he got his team to look at them before agreeing.
Seems he likes to talk to them before any deal is concluded as well (old skool).
So to me it's a team effort but unless JL says yes it won't happen.
Whereas before SS could veto a signing (if Jorge said no) or even put a player in regardless of the head coaches thoughts. Regardless of thoughts on who that previous coach was, that's a dangerous game to play.

Cunha and Sarabia were Lopetegui signings, the others weren't although he knew Dawson from when Sevilla played West Ham and he was MOTM

From my personal viewpoint, bearing in mind I haven't seen much of the last couple of games, the one signing that has been a little disappointing is Cunha. I stress a little disappointing, because he has played ok but he hasn't been an unequivocal success IMO.

His pressing is good, but we need more than 60 minutes out of him and as it stands he has no goals or assists

From my personal viewpoint, bearing in mind I haven't seen much of the last couple of games, the one signing that has been a little disappointing is Cunha. I stress a little disappointing, because he has played ok but he hasn't been an unequivocal success IMO.

His all round play is really good, he drops so deep though that he's often not in position to affect the game in the final 3rd. Needs another striker up with.

Spiers has written a piece saying we were going to sign Lemina for £2m in the Summer, but Lage vetoed it. He's the gift that just keeps on giving
Enjoyed the article, even if just for the Lage bit (I'm still arguing with a mate over the merits of sacking him, can you believe).

But what does this even mean:

Sometimes he’ll quietly and politely steal possession and lay it off, sometimes he’ll drive 30 yards through midfield, sometimes he’ll play a swerved, searching pass. He’s all-action. Sure, he’ll bite, but he’ll buy you dinner afterwards, too. There’s so much to Lemina’s repertoire.

Enjoyed the article, even if just for the Lage bit (I'm still arguing with a mate over the merits of sacking him, can you believe).

But what does this even mean:
Since he's been away I think he's received feedback and gained some self awareness as seen below, his style still isn't for me, but compared to the bloke who replaced him, in terms of commitment at least, he's in a different stratosphere

Spiers has written a piece saying we were going to sign Lemina for £2m in the Summer, but Lage vetoed it. He's the gift that just keeps on giving

To be fair there probably wouldn't have been a single person on this forum that wanted to sign him in the summer either, the reaction was very 'meh' in January and it's only now he's played a few times people have become fond of him.

Is PTS on holiday again??

I wish I had his leave allowance, that's for sure.

Since he's been away I think he's received feedback and gained some self awareness as seen below, his style still isn't for me, but compared to the bloke who replaced him, in terms of commitment at least, he's in a different stratosphere

Can be easy to forget how young these guys are when they break through. Lemina himself is still not even 30!

Related: fuck the passage of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back