• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because all our other strikers have looked so potent in the last 2 years? I still think he’s decent and the hate is weird. As DW said last season he’d start a game, play well, look half decent, get hooked after 60 minutes and then not play for 5 games.
Don't think I have seen any "hate" - I'd say play well is being kind to him. He was ok in a few games, anonymous in others. He's never produced a run of performances that make me think he is close to being a viable starting 9 for us in the Premier League.

Don't think I have seen any "hate" - I'd say play well is being kind to him. He was ok in a few games, anonymous in others. He's never produced a run of performances that make me think he is close to being a viable starting 9 for us in the Premier League.
Would you play him, Hwang or Podence up front in the Premier League?

Because that was the direct choice Lage had and he predominantly went with the latter two, then indicated the same would apply again this season.

If you were 2-0 up with 10 men (and no striker) against a rubbish team, would you have Fabio up front to offer some form of outlet or would you think hammering the ball at 6 stone Francisco Trincao was the way to go? Because again, that's the choice Lage made.

I don't think he's particularly the answer, just I can understand why he wanted to leave and why his family who are evidently advising him said he should.

Would you play him, Hwang or Podence up front in the Premier League?

Because that was the direct choice Lage had and he predominantly went with the latter two, then indicated the same would apply again this season.

If you were 2-0 up with 10 men (and no striker) against a rubbish team, would you have Fabio up front to offer some form of outlet or would you think hammering the ball at 6 stone Francisco Trincao was the way to go? Because again, that's the choice Lage made.

I don't think he's particularly the answer, just I can understand why he wanted to leave and why his family who are evidently advising him said he should.

I'd have played Hwang over Silva and that is pretty damning considering

A) Hwang is by no means suited to playing as a lone central striker
B) I don't rate Hwang that highly in general.

When he signed in January last year though it took him about 4 or 5 weeks to eclipse Silva's Wolves goal output.

Yes and no.

West Ham away, Lage puts out a joke team when we're up against a direct rival for a European spot, we lose while hardly having a shot (get used to this, lads) but Fabio was by common consensus our best outfield player. A low bar but he did ok.

Dropped for the next game at home to Palace, didn't even come on as sub. And we lost to nil, again, and were shit, again. In fact we didn't even start Raul ahead of him, it was Podence/Hwang/Neto as a front three.
Palace game was when Hoever came off injured and Bruno criticised him right? Plenty went wrong in that game that showed how out of his depth Bruno was anyway

Palace game was when Hoever came off injured and Bruno criticised him right? Plenty went wrong in that game that showed how out of his depth Bruno was anyway
Yep.

Lage then said after the game that we deserved something because we created and missed six clear chances after half time. News to me, I must have dozed off when we did that.

I have no problem with his dad sticking up for his son. I expect nothing less.

The issue on him giving his opinion depends on whether he just happened to be asked as he was around at the time, or whether he sought out a journo to moan.

That's the only thing that matters to me.

If he's purposely seeking out opportunities to complain about how the club treated him, then that's an issue going forwards.

If he was just doorstepped as he was spending time with his son, then whilst still not ideal, it's an understandable reaction.

On the basis that we allowed him to swap loans to another club when we were in the market for striking options, I think we have a fair idea of what Loppers thinks of him. Hopefully he'll be a success at PSV and we can cut our losses.
Or first team football for him and his development is more important than being used as a squad rotation for us currently.

We have just brought in 2 players who you’d expect to start in our front 3, so unless you were bringing him back to start, would be pointless IMO

There's definitely a player there. I really don't understand the criticism of his performances either. When he was playing, we were a side that set up defensively and created little to nothing for the small number of attacking players we did play. Then you have to add the Lage factor to that and he basically stood no chance. He also had the added pressure of his price tag to factor in - and I don't care what anyone says, that will always affect peoples judgement because they think we should see an immediate impact.

I saw enough of an improvement from season 1 to season 2 to think that he could potentially succeed here in the future. I think he's bulked up a fair bit since we first signed him and this season is vital in his development because it will be the most games he's played at senior level in his career. Hopefully he scores a few in the second half of this season and it's us that benefits from it. I wouldn't put it past us making a profit on him eventually - hopefully after he's scored a fair few goals for us first. My biggest concern is his attitude, but he's young and has a lot to learn.

His dad, as others have said, comes across like a bit of a "tit". He's sitting on a small fortune thanks to Jorge Mendes and the obvious cash that made it's way to him, so stop being a knob in interviews or in public about your sons employer.

There's definitely a player there. I really don't understand the criticism of his performances either. When he was playing, we were a side that set up defensively and created little to nothing for the small number of attacking players we did play. Then you have to add the Lage factor to that and he basically stood no chance. He also had the added pressure of his price tag to factor in - and I don't care what anyone says, that will always affect peoples judgement because they think we should see an immediate impact.

I saw enough of an improvement from season 1 to season 2 to think that he could potentially succeed here in the future. I think he's bulked up a fair bit since we first signed him and this season is vital in his development because it will be the most games he's played at senior level in his career. Hopefully he scores a few in the second half of this season and it's us that benefits from it. I wouldn't put it past us making a profit on him eventually - hopefully after he's scored a fair few goals for us first. My biggest concern is his attitude, but he's young and has a lot to learn.

His dad, as others have said, comes across like a bit of a "tit". He's sitting on a small fortune thanks to Jorge Mendes and the obvious cash that made it's way to him, so stop being a knob in interviews or in public about your sons employer.
Not a chance we makes a bean on Silva.

For reasons not of his own making Fabio is the poster boy of everything that was wrong at the club for 2 and a half years. I think it would suit him and everyone else if he stays in that past.
Certainly the obvious start of those at the top losing the plot.

Still think that has come to an end with Lopetegui's arrival.
Will be some hangovers from it for a while, such as trying to get rid of Guedes.

Certainly the obvious start of those at the top losing the plot.

Still think that has come to an end with Lopetegui's arrival.
Will be some hangovers from it for a while, such as trying to get rid of Guedes.
Hopefully it has come to an end, and it’s not a blip before reverting to type. It’s amazing how much more positive you can feel after a good window on the whole, when we’ve got a good manager

The intent has changed the page won't be properly turned until we stay up. If/when that happens then we can put it behind us and move forwards thankful that the damage wasn't worse

The intent has changed the page won't be properly turned until we stay up. If/when that happens then we can put it behind us and move forwards thankful that the damage wasn't worse
I read that in Scott Parker's voice talking over The Streets backing track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back