• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
always felt this the reason we signed Kevin Cooper, Albion wanted him in late 2001/2002 and we signed him out of spite.

Would certainly explain why Jones then ignored him, but not why Cooper would follow him to be ignored all over again at Cardiff!
Naylor is the one for that. Jones used to blame him for EVERYTHING. Why would you want to play for him again?! Masochist.

McGhee and Claridge hated each other here then ended up at Millwall together.

always felt this the reason we signed Kevin Cooper, Albion wanted him in late 2001/2002 and we signed him out of spite.

Would certainly explain why Jones then ignored him, but not why Cooper would follow him to be ignored all over again at Cardiff!

Particularly annoying as from memory we always looked better with Cooper on the right cutting in and Kennedy staying side.

Søndergaard has had his contract mutually terminated. We expected big things of him, when he first signed IIRC.

Just a standard Academy signing really. Wasn't any big fanfare or pedigree and he hasn't looked great, either here or on loan.

He had a really good u23 season when he got promoted to PL2 Div1 first time round, but he was kept very busy! Never really kicked on though.

Probably means a delay in sorting out his Atleti deal. Being a free agent today means he can sign after the window closes.

18 months left though, so he's not signing a 6 month deal with Atleti unless he has a drink from Spurs or they give him a longer deal

Spurs fans on Twitter are pretty shocked. I thought he was playing quite regularly for them

Conte refuses to play Spence because he didn't sign him personally.

He doesn't like Doherty or Royal, they both mess up all the time, whenever it happens or they lose he swaps them.

Terrible move for everyone except Uncle Jorge. We spent too much on a replacement who couldn't play the same very bespoke role (plus a back up who is awful and may very well never play for us again), they got a dreadful League One standard right back, he stopped playing every week as he had for four and a half years.

Something to do with international loan limit?
Yep, rules changed at the start of the season to a max of 8 loan players out (it’ll be 6 next season to fuck Chelsea even more). The Doc loan took them to 9.

Quite like Simon Jordan’s idea to be fair on talkSPORT. That show that Jim Whites on I believe. Basically no window apart from can’t sign players after a certain amount of games/March time, as you could get 17th trying to buy from 18th just to fuck them over etc

However, I guess if there wasn’t a window, the forum would be filled with ‘why aren’t we signing anyone’ all year.

Pros and cons
For a man who’s as sharp as a tack he knows absolutely fuck all about the game he talks about. Genuinely ignorant of anything to do with the game of football itself.

Also got shafted by a property deal which meant he had to sell Palace (allegedly).

must the first time ever that there haven’t been any posts on the transfer window thread since it closed. i guess that means everyone is happy? i am - just hoping Lopper-doodle-doo has a plan to score some goals that a bit more than just hoping we’re ok…

I expected a few more outgoings in terms of loans, but cannot grumble at all with the incoming business. We’ve spent a lot more than I expected. I guess the elephant in the room is the lack of a genuine out and out forward, but we spent a lot of money on Cunha and now we need to see if he can be the guy to score us goals on a regular basis. I’m excited to see what Sarabia etc can bring to the starting 11 & I’m pleased with the added experience in the squad.

I hope we have enough to stay up. We should do.

In fairness, while we've bulked out the squad significantly (for the first time since about 2017), we still don't really have the flexibility to get rid of players on loan. There aren't too many still here who'll be kicking their heels doing nothing; Hodge (but as I said yesterday, he should be playing U21s anyway), Mosquera (who I think can still go to MLS), Costa probably won't get many minutes now (nor should he) but no-one is going to loan him anyway. The rest will still play some part or are needed as back up, because there's no-one behind them waiting to come in.

We got rid of Playstation Face and hopefully Campbell gets plenty of game time at Wycombe, that'll do.

Yeah Mosq can still go off on his loan to the US. Different transfer window over there

It's down to Lopetegui now.

He's made a good impression since he came in and has got us off the bottom, needs to get this squad scoring goals and winning games now, should be enough games left to show his class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back