• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preferred the old deadline day in spring when you had about 6 pages of teletext to go through that listed all transfers.

What was the initial reasoning for bringing in transfer windows, I can't remember

What was the initial reasoning for bringing in transfer windows, I can't remember
Supposedly to prevent players/squads from being destabilised mid-season but that happens more than ever. Only now they just sit there for months with a face like a smacked arse as they want to leave and can't.

Agents, players?
Agents maybe, players I wouldn't say so. Like tons get stuck at clubs, never playing, because they've been hoarded "just in case" as there's no way to sign anyone for months, and "in case" never happens.

Transfer windows are absolute nonsense tbh. They benefit no-one.
Agents, players
Supposedly to prevent players/squads from being destabilised mid-season but that happens more than ever. Only now they just sit there for months with a face like a smacked arse as they want to leave and can't.

Agents maybe, players I wouldn't say so
How many clubs have historically brought a player on deadline day and offered a ridiculous fee/wages? Clubs know they have to get through to the end of the season and over compensate, with size of squad.

Then they also have the luxury of knowing where they're gonna be for next few months.

How many clubs have historically brought a player on deadline day and offered a ridiculous fee/wages?
Sorry mate, see edit.

I'd say more lose out than win under this system.

Just to pick a very easy example from close to home, Connor Ronan's September-January wasn't great.

Sorry mate, see edit.

I'd say more lose out than win under this system.

Just to pick a very easy example from close to home, Connor Ronan's September-January wasn't great.
Sort of proves the point, i think he deserved to be playing somewhere, but if we were reluctant to let him go it meant he was still able to pick up a decent wage, in case we needed to call on him?

If he wanted to sit on his Wolves contract, Winston Bogarde-style, then we couldn't have stopped him...

Pretty sure he wanted to play football though. The wanker in charge lied to him and said he'd get a chance here, in reality he never had that chance and has squandered a few months.

Quite like Simon Jordan’s idea to be fair on talkSPORT. That show that Jim Whites on I believe. Basically no window apart from can’t sign players after a certain amount of games/March time, as you could get 17th trying to buy from 18th just to fuck them over etc

However, I guess if there wasn’t a window, the forum would be filled with ‘why aren’t we signing anyone’ all year.

Pros and cons

If he wanted to sit on his Wolves contract, Winston Bogarde-style, then we couldn't have stopped him...

Pretty sure he wanted to play football though. The wanker in charge lied to him and said he'd get a chance here, in reality he never had that chance and has squandered a few months.
Maybe he was given a chance in training to impress and just wasn't all that? Hence he moved on in the window to an average league.

Quite like Simon Jordan’s idea to be fair on talkSPORT. That show that Jim Whites on I believe. Basically no window apart from can’t sign players after a certain amount of games/March time, as you could get 17th trying to buy from 18th just to fuck them over etc

However, I guess if there wasn’t a window, the forum would be filled with ‘why aren’t we signing anyone’ all year.

Pros and cons
That was the system before! Was always late March. Next up, Simon tells Napoleon that he probably shouldn't attack Russia :D

Maybe he was given a chance in training to impress and just wasn't all that? Hence he moved on in the window to an average league.
I don't think we learned anything new about Connor Ronan in 2022.

No window - he gets to September/October, we've signed Nunes, Hodge has jumped ahead of him somehow, clearly he's not going to play ever so he can ask to move. With the window - he's got to sit here for 3-4 months, knowing he's wasting his own time.

That was the system before! Was always late March. Next up, Simon tells Napoleon that he probably shouldn't attack Russia :D

always felt this the reason we signed Kevin Cooper, Albion wanted him in late 2001/2002 and we signed him out of spite.

Would certainly explain why Jones then ignored him, but not why Cooper would follow him to be ignored all over again at Cardiff!

Always thought Giroud was a deadly player, I'd love to see him here. Far more than Costa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back