• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take anything £30m+ for Kilman as I think he's reached his ceiling and Dawson/Collins is the way I'd go moving forwards anyway; but there are other factors to consider. He's homegrown - we'd also have to bring someone else in. So I can't imagine we'd seriously consider letting him go this window.

If we could get £30m+ and then get a replacement in, I'd have little problem with it. Think Kilman is what he is now, decent defender and footballer, probably not aggressive enough to go up another gear.

Little time to sort a suitable replacement though.

I agree, £30m is as much as we'll ever get for him so I'd do it just on that basis.

Not ideal for CB depth but we may be able to get some cover in in time.

That's if it wasn't all bullshit.

I just don't buy it anyway. There's no way anyone can have watched him since March/April of last year and thought 'yes, that is exactly what we need for £30m'. He's been really poor.

The only place reporting anything is that spurs tag which is a complete clickbait bullshit pool. To be ignored.

I think the interest is genuine. There are news articles going back a few weeks mentioning that he is someone they’ve looked at.

One part of me thinks that £30-£40m would be a great deal for him but then the other part thinks we’d be dropped in the shit if we sold him with no replacement.

He’s not worth that. We can’t afford to lose a centre back. Apart from that I sense a lot in the story.

It’s fucking bollocks.

Well we're not selling him today unless we have a replacement also coming in, which doesn't seem likely. I mean, selling your starting centre back (albeit one who might not be going forward) while already being stretched for adequate back-up might be straight out of last summers playbook, but I'm rather hopeful we've moved on from that school of 'management'. Now, on the other hand, £30m for Kilman in the summer with enough time to invest wisely seems like a no-brainer, to me anyway. I'm struggling to believe it's an actual option either way though.

There is absolutely no fucking way anyone is giving us anything like £30m for Max Kilman.

It’s amazing what social media and the transfer window can create.

We’ll be back in for Andre Silva in a minute.

I must admit, I'm very surprised that Raul is still here, I thought he'd be prime of somebody in (the) MLS or Mexican league to pop a bid in for, especially as he and Jools didn't have a great start to their relationship

No chance any Mexican club can afford his wages

MLS can to a point but you only have so many spots for expensive players and a lot of teams will already have them allocated

Regardless, we weren't going to let him go unless we signed another striker, and we haven't

Think there is a lot of extremism regarding Kilman, people were getting giddy about him 12 months ago and now he's shit apparently.
He's a decent CB and ok on the ball. He had a good run of form last season, he wasn't terrible at the beginning of this season, then fell off a cliff along with Collins, Semedo, Jonny and RAN.
After some competent coaching and a bit of confidence building he's back to being ok.
I would think he will rotate with Collins alongside Dawson for the rest of this season, then be evaluated.
English/HG, Premier league experience, if we do sell gotta be worth 25-30m in the current climate surely?

Think there is a lot of extremism regarding Kilman, people were getting giddy about him 12 months ago and now he's shit apparently.
He's a decent CB and ok on the ball. He had a good run of form last season, he wasn't terrible at the beginning of this season, then fell off a cliff along with Collins, Semedo, Jonny and RAN.
After some competent coaching and a bit of confidence building he's back to being ok.
I would think he will rotate with Collins alongside Dawson for the rest of this season, then be evaluated.
English/HG, Premier league experience, if we do sell gotta be worth 25-30m in the current climate surely?

I agree with the majority of this but I doubt Kilman and Collins are going to rotate, you don't really rotate your CB's by choice.

We absolutely won’t be selling him as we have no replacement. Today will be absolutely dead as we have got everything we want done. SSN haven’t even mentioned us as they know Pitbull completed our window.

I prefer Toti to Kilman personally. I think if we can identify a really top tier CB to target in the summer window I'd be fine with him leaving then. Not going to happen now though.

I think one of the most bizarre things about Bruno Lage's tenure was him giving Kilman the Vice-Captaincy. I haven't seen or heard a single thing from Max which would make him suitable for the role. He's a decent defender but he's never a leader.

I agree with the majority of this but I doubt Kilman and Collins are going to rotate, you don't really rotate your CB's by choice.
Rotate was probably the wrong word, back up is more likely, injuries and suspensions.

I think one of the most bizarre things about Bruno Lage's tenure was him giving Kilman the Vice-Captaincy. I haven't seen or heard a single thing from Max which would make him suitable for the role. He's a decent defender but he's never a leader.
Davis essentially took it off him and gave it to Mout and JL has carried that on, so not the only one who found it bizarre.

Maybe Kilman was fully behind Lage (kiss ass....) or one of the few he hadn't pissed off, so he got the gig. He came close to getting the club captain role, if Neves had gone he would have got that full job,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back