• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodge staying according to LL. I think that's a mistake for his development tbh. Won't be making the bench for us unless injuries hit. 6th choice in CM and 7th when Traore is fit

I don't think he's suitable for a loan, senior football at any level is beyond him right now. Physically he's just absolutely miles off it. Back to the U21s.

I think having him in the u21's is a bit of a waste too, he'll take up the space of a player who would get far more benefit.

Eh?

U21s is his level, who would get more benefit?

Agree with that. Few months on the U21's then look at loans for next season. L1 or L2 level

I think that's unfair. He's not PL standard, probably won't ever be, but he's ready for League 1 or 2 football. I don't see this weakness people talk about, just inexperience. On his debut he left one on someone within a couple of minutes of coming on. The hyperbole about him on here is just silly.

I think that's unfair. He's not PL standard, probably won't ever be, but he's ready for League 1 or 2 football. I don't see this weakness people talk about, just inexperience. On his debut he left one on someone within a couple of minutes of coming on. The hyperbole about him on here is just silly.

He's not a wallflower. But he's physically weak on the ball (watch him try to play a long range pass...it won't reach) and he's not a strong runner.

Stuff that he can work on but he'd look crap in League Two as it stands and end up not playing.

He's not a wallflower. But he's physically weak on the ball (watch him try to play a long range pass...it won't reach) and he's not a strong runner.

Stuff that he can work on but he'd look crap in League Two as it stands and end up not playing.
That's just silly, if he couldn't kick the ball across the pitch he wouldn't be a professional footballer

That's just silly, if he couldn't kick the ball across the pitch he wouldn't be a professional footballer
I've seen plenty of footballers who can't kick a ball further than the hallway line.

TT does make the point that it is more technique than strength but doing it without any pressure and on a training field is hugely different to doing it at pace and under the pressure of a game

Hodge isn't there yet. Even at U21 he struggles to hit long passes, just not his game.

When we were in League One we played a combination of Kevin McDonald, Jack Price, Lee Evans or Dave Edwards in central midfield.

Joe Hodge is not at the level that any of those players were at in 2014, or even close.

He's 20, not 12. He can kick a football a long way.

I'd much rather he went out on loan tbh, at this age he needs the exposure to senior football, he's not going to learn anything or develop much more in the u21s.
He's got miles more to go at U21 level.

I imagine you haven't watched much U21's

Mad how keen a lot of them are on £25-30m+ Sanchez/Tanganga for Kilman. Must be all the fusbal hype. I'd snap their hands off tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back