• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really dull fact here, he’s married to daisy who was in S Club juniors, same group that gave us Wayne Bridges wife as well.
Dunno if they’re before your time, or whether you were target audience
Also gave us Rochelle Humes, to. You never know when this might come up in a quiz!

He’d need Bantock Park to land his spaceship in.
Nowt wrong with running round Banto
I think I'd win in a race round Bantock Park with Jonjo Shelvey. Just by default as he wouldn't last, his basic fitness is a joke. Plus he's a racist.

We were never going to sign both Dawson and Felipe.
Nothing wrong with running round Bantock Park, remember in mid 80's being chased around it by a gang of skinheads and as a man who spent most if his life being a tight head prop its amazing how much speed and stamina you can find when you need it!

Looks like Chem is off to Wycombe on loan. They're just outside the play offs in league one, so that would be a good move for him to get some regular first team football. As far as lower league big name clubs go, the top of league one is packed full of clubs that should really be competing higher in the football pyramid (Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Barnsley...).

Wycombe have our old pal Sam Vokes leading the line.

Reactions: jlo
An interesting move if it does happen. I’m hoping he’s too good for that level as I do rate him. Wycombe play a very unique mind

Things seem to have quietened down for us now, is the (presumably imminent) Gomes announcement the end of our business, or do we think there are a couple of deals (RB/ST?) simmering away to possibly wrap up before the deadline?

Things seem to have quietened down for us now, is the (presumably imminent) Gomes announcement the end of our business, or do we think there are a couple of deals (RB/ST?) simmering away to possibly wrap up before the deadline?
I think we are done bar outgoings

Al our attention now will be on ensuring the media team do a suitable announcement for Gomes. A lot of pressure to get that right

I think the RB/ ST are dependent on the right deal/ opportunity but I think the main business has been done.

Birmingham Mail being absolute wankers this morning posting an article "tipping Wolves to sign three more players before the deadline", but when you click on it, after being bombarded by pop-ups, it goes on to say we want to sign Antonio & Wan-Bissaka after Gomes. Like I say, wankers.

I would be very, very surprised to see anyone else for the first team squad arrive after Gomes is confirmed officially.

Birmingham Mail being absolute wankers this morning posting an article "tipping Wolves to sign three more players before the deadline", but when you click on it, after being bombarded by pop-ups, it goes on to say we want to sign Antonio & Wan-Bissaka after Gomes. Like I say, wankers.

I would be very, very surprised to see anyone else for the first team squad arrive after Gomes is confirmed officially.
They have doubled down on the click bait articles.

One last week was headlined "Green Light to Sign Isco". Don't normally click on the ad riddled articles but was intrigued as to why we would now be moving for Isco....turns out they ran a poll amongst our fans and Isco was the number 1 choice for us to sign.

I called myself a cunt for clicking the link and moved on...

I stopped clicking on their site a while ago, the headline to draw you in very rarely has anything to do with actual content, the epitome of clickbait.

Is Ryan Liester anything to do with Birmingham Mail, because I find him a pretty decent source especially through his podcasts.

I'm pretty chuffed with the end of our business assuming Gomes is the last one. The squad has had a fair amount of experience added to it (which we desperately needed), plus a future Neves replacement in Gomes which will save us messing about in the summer - maybe some lessons have been learnt?

Obviously another striker would have been nice, but hopefully additions such as Sarabia - plus Neto returning - will mean the goals for column will start increasing. We're definitely making the right moves in that direction from how I've seen us play under Lopetegui thus far.

The lad with the Pikachu tshirt on said Pablo Sarabia was his bargain of the window..

The headline story breaks up and briefly reveals the sticker... Going to be the theme of the next few hours Wolves drip feeding until the proper reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back