• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Anybody who keeps it straight as the rough will be ridiculously penal after all the rain. So that probably rules out Bubba Watson, and Phil Mickelson, and potentially Tiger unless he has the driver right on song.

Kuchar is a very decent shout - US Open shows he can certainly keep it straight.

McIlroy is driving it all over the place so I think he is unlikely to win. Maybe McDowell if he has his A game with him.

Darn, that pretty much rules out Ryo Ishikawa

If we're doing this after an elegant sufficiency of lager and a red-hot bowel-scorching curry - Sorry, I mean a thoroughly bland and unexciting three-course meal, served with water - I'm sure you'll be glad of the softness to calm your screaming sphincter.

Sunday morning for Paddy to play golf and the rest of us to hack away at the Scottish Plant life for 3 hours

I've never raised a golf bat in anger in my life - I'll caddy and take photos of the action, be that golf, vomiting in the bushes or adding red-hot lava-manure to the local ecology.

Ended up in Blackpool and caught a taxi home at 3.00 this morning.

I've never raised a golf bat in anger in my life - I'll caddy and take photos of the action, be that golf, vomiting in the bushes or adding red-hot lava-manure to the local ecology.

You are playing. No choice.

It will be Paddy playing golf, whilst the rest of ruin a perfectly good piece of grass.

Might get the bats out later...

50fdc3f6-8eae-f0a8.jpg

Wish I'd brought mine with me down here to newquay...

On where to play on the 9th, anyone got ideas? Someone recommended this place to me today, & I noticed you can play for half price (£18) on thursdays...
http://www.astburygolfclub.com/

Where are we playing?

I don't mind at all really.
I will be getting a game tomorrow morning at hill top.
I can travel.
I haven't played too many courses. Usually play hill top, patshull if my dad is playing (as he's a member). Have played chesterton, found it to be a bit meh & didn't like having to cross a road - that's just wierd! Usec to play the grange at walsall. Played perton once as a kid. It was a new course then, & was just long.

In summary, I'm open to suggestions. You or del have any preferences?

?

I member at The Chase, but I've played there zero times this year.

I'm sorry lads, I'm going to have to rule myself out. Still got zero mobility or strength in my ankle.

I'm happy with St Thomas Priory, although it's very up and down.

I'd go for 10.00?

Is there just the two of us?

Don't play Thomas Priory - it's an assault course, not a golf course. Several shots were you need a couple of minutes rest after clambering up the hill before your next one!

Don't play Thomas Priory - it's an assault course, not a golf course. Several shots were you need a couple of minutes rest after clambering up the hill before your next one!

Hence, the up and down.

Would you be able to play if we had a buggy?

It's the weight transfer more than the walking, and twisting my body to face forwards on the follow through.

Back