• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

That video clip was fascinating. Multiple cameras used and the football looked decent and similar to modern football whilst at the same time weird and completely unfamiliar too. True time capsule, thanks.

Thanks for that DW ! ! ! . . . and also for subscribing.

Cheered me up a bit tonight as I've been working on 7 additional match highlights (or lowlights) from the 2012/13 season.

I've got 39 matches from the 1960s scheduled to be uploaded/released in the next few hours plus 100 matches from the 1970s in just over 24 hours time.

I'll be posting separately on my new channel in a days time.
Just my view, but have you thought about drip feeding it rather than putting up loads of content in a short space of time?

Dunno how much time you've got but maybe a short narrative piece at the start to put the video into context of the season?

There's literally hundreds, nay thousands to go through Andy - drip feeding it would take us to the next Euros!

A fair bit of the 90s and onwards stuff will have companion pieces from yours truly as we go forward.

There's literally hundreds, nay thousands to go through Andy - drip feeding it would take us to the next Euros!

A fair bit of the 90s and onwards stuff will have companion pieces from yours truly as we go forward.
Perfect! Some new content to look forward to for years to come :cool:

Just my view, but have you thought about drip feeding it rather than putting up loads of content in a short space of time?

Dunno how much time you've got but maybe a short narrative piece at the start to put the video into context of the season?
I've explained why in the new post I've just made.

That third goal in the first clip was an outrageous bit of skill

I wasn't at the game - Wolves 4-0 Hull City (Division 2 - 25/3/1967) - I would start going to watch Wolves the following season.

However, I can still remember my Dad arriving home after the game incredibly excited about the Doog and his 3rd goal (Dad was never one for getting too excited so it really stuck in my memory). The game was also Derek Dougan's home debut.

I think it would be fair to say, in my lifetime, that you can put the Doog and Bully in the one exalted category of the 2 players Wolves fans worshipped and adored, for differing reasons.

My profile picture is a bit of a giveaway for me !

I think it would be fair to say, in my lifetime, that you can put the Doog and Bully in the one exalted category of the 2 players Wolves fans worshipped and adored, for differing reasons.
JR over both for me.

Loved all 3.
Doog, really only got called the Doog, at Wolves, iirc, his nickname prior to WW, was Cheyanne

Opening up Roundtable #2 - basically any thoughts you have as we head into the season, positive, negative, the state of the squad, transfer activity, thoughts on the friendlies, what we need, where you think we are, handing GON a new deal, Jeff being a cunt - anything you like that's broadly connected, essentially. I can collate it all and mess around with it later as necessary.

danlavelle1981@gmail.com for your submissions, don't think your opinion isn't worth it - the more the merrier. If I get 5+ submissions before Friday I'll put it up. As many or as few words as you like (though I can't keep repeating "Jeff Shi is a wanker" over and over, be original).

Also planning my own season preview to come out Weds/Thurs too.

Roundtable #1 is here if you want a flavour of what the piece looks like and missed it first time:

Last edited:
I will absolutely try my damndest to get something over, got a rather busy week though funnily enough…

I’ve just tried to send you a very short piece but my gmail account is rejecting your address. any ideas?

Back