• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Maybe just maybe I'll dust the clubs off. Even better I'll buy some new ones it's over 20 years since I swung a club in anger.

Why not - that's what I did.
Perhaps we can try for a TWF golf day or similar.

Year 1 - Penk & LJ
Year 2 - ???????

I hope to be part of it next year. The dates didn't suit me this time around!

Maybe just maybe I'll dust the clubs off. Even better I'll buy some new ones it's over 20 years since I swung a club in anger.

My clubs are 20 years old, no need to buy a new set...

I played chesterton valley today. Went round in 93. Mate had a great round - 84.
I don't like that course though. Don't find it to be fun...

Played Hill Top today with same mate. The course had thankfully dried out a lot, & was in good nick.
Went round in 91, which was very pleasing. Did the back 9 in 41. Front 9 had an 8 & 2 7's.

Same mate was murdering the course til the 12th, when he had a mare, took 10 for the hole, then threw his club in temper, where it collided with an electricity pylon & broke in 2!:yikes:

Played patshull friday. A few showers, but bearable.
5 pars. Went round in 92. Would've been a great round if I hadn't taken a 10 on the 15th...:facepalm:

Pleased, as I've only once beaten 100 round there.
Fuming, as should've been under 90...

My dad asked me to play golf with him this friday, as I have the luxury of a day off.

Too cold for me ; #fairweatherplaya

Too much hard work this time of year LJ. Used to play every year through the winter but the snow and wind did me in eventually. We had to walk in from the furthest part of the course because the snow prevented the ball from rolling in one round. Too much hard work for a pint.

I play for sunshine, fresh air, little bit of exercise.
I don't play in the rain or when it is cold.
It is supposed to be fun. You're supposed to enjoy it. I enjoy it when the weathers nice.
If it ain't nice, no fun. Therefore, what's the point?

It took me 15 years to get to that point. I did it for the challenge and the addictive nature of getting your handicap down. The feeling of getting better is immeasurable, until you hit the ceiling and then the weather. No fun for me after that. Hence turning into a fairweather golfer.

Let's get this going again.

Average score this year is 101 from 4 rounds.

Got wilson Di9s in the bag, with a taylor made rac wedge, and a benross zipit wedge both on their way.

Normally play seedy mill or calderfields. Blackpool golf trip inmay which im excited about. Think ive got low nineties in me this summer.

It sounds like you play to a similar sort of level as me and Lemon. Could be an interesting tournament if we're all to a similar standard.

Just handed in 3 cards for my handicap at new club in Coventry - 87, 99, 107 - a wild stab in the dark, but I think consistency might be an issue!

15 handicap, nice. You should have scrapped that first card.

Yep - I won't be needing to making space for any trophies for a while - what you off Penk?

24. I can play to about 18, but I don't play enough to be consistent. I also don't hit a long ball, so course like the one at Penkridge are no good to me.

24. I can play to about 18, but I don't play enough to be consistent. I also don't hit a long ball, so course like the one at Penkridge are no good to me.
Off 24, play to 18 = Bandit.

Anyway, if such a thing as a TWF Golf Day happened, I would be happy to show off my slice to other posters.

Off 24, play to 18 = Bandit.

Anyway, if such a thing as a TWF Golf Day happened, I would be happy to show off my slice to other posters.

The Chase, where I have my handicap is 6,738 yards, where as somewhere like Seedy Mill is 6,300 and as I don't hit a long ball you can see why I can play 6 below my handicap.

The Chase, where I have my handicap is 6,738 yards, where as somewhere like Seedy Mill is 6,300 and as I don't hit a long ball you can see why I can play 6 below my handicap.
We'll cut you to 18 then....

I used to play off about 24 too. On a good day I'd get low 90's, a bad day high 90's or even 100+. I was pretty consistent in my averageness, and ability to slice my drives!

Back