• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

It sounds like you play to a similar sort of level as me and Lemon. Could be an interesting tournament if we're all to a similar standard.

My "level" is simply hit the ball % hope for the best:icon_lol:
Seriously my usual aim is to get double figures. I've never measured my hadicap.

When do people want to play?

The only date I know I can do right now is tues 28 may.
I'll have more flexibility in june/july/august, as that's when I can take time off.

That's the day after bank holiday Monday isn't it? I'd be up for that day. The first week of June is no good to me but anything after that will be easy to work around. I'd also be up for a game in early May if anybody fancies it.

Was a member of The Shropshire up until couple of years ago and only played a half dozen times since but used to play off 18. Will have to get the bats out and see what's going on with my swing and check the snap hook is still working.

I've still never played a round of golf. I've got the clubs just need to get a half decent swing and get out there I think

Mid to late may or early June best until end of july as the broad is due on june 19th.

28th May sounds like a good day for all then. So, we have:

Penk
Lemon
Del
Johnny

Where do we want to play?

Aston wood is the best twenty quid you'll spend. Great value, beautiful course.

Never played it but would be happy to go there (Aston Wood), looks decent on Google maps. Anything Walsall way that's any good, or Cannock? I'm sure if we ring up we could get a deal on two three balls (assuming we find another to play).

The Shropshire is a decent course and quite forgiving, Patshull is excellent but a bit far out for a lot of people. The Isaac Walton is a very good little course which is Eccleshall way, not too long but not easy.

It's a long time since I've played there, but Shifnal is a cracking course too.

As is South Staffs but both are a little bit pompous in the club house for me. Can get good deals on 4 balls for both, as you can for Oxley Park too. Is Bloxwhich any good these days?

Never played it but would be happy to go there (Aston Wood), looks decent on Google maps. Anything Walsall way that's any good, or Cannock? I'm sure if we ring up we could get a deal on two three balls (assuming we find another to play).

The Shropshire is a decent course and quite forgiving, Patshull is excellent but a bit far out for a lot of people. The Isaac Walton is a very good little course which is Eccleshall way, not too long but not easy.

A good mate of mine is captain at Beau, I could ask him if people wanted.

As is South Staffs but both are a little bit pompous in the club house for me. Can get good deals on 4 balls for both, as you can for Oxley Park too. Is Bloxwhich any good these days?

Bloxwich is also a nice course.

I'm not 100% sure when I will be able to make it so you guys go ahead without me for now.

Played south staffs once, & got this impression overwhelmingly.
Never played aston wood. My dad is a member at patshull. I find it ok, the greens have been in great nick the last 2 years, but you can see areas where they are trying to save money on the grounds maintenance.
Never played Oxley Park or Bloxwich.

Don't mind where we play really, as long as the weather is nice, and the conversation is friendly!

Just had a google, Bloxwich looks nice, but expensive for a round of golf!
Don't forget I'm a poor public sector worker! I ain't rich like all you capitalists (until I get me pension...:icon_wink: )

A good mate of mine is captain at Beau, I could ask him if people wanted.

The Desert is a bloody hard course and not very forgiving, the rough is like wire wool. I'd be happy with anybody's choice to be honest.

Don't mind where we play really, as long as the weather is nice, and the conversation is friendly!

No politics!!

Finally picked the clubs up yesterday for the 1st time in 6 months, went round Chesteron Valley in 95 so was pretty happy with that. Drove the ball pretty well but my short game was as terrible as ever.

I'll put the 28 May in my diary as us playing then.
Looking forward to it fellas!

Back