• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Bob Rotella, mind coach. He teaches to play more unconciously having visualised your shot and focussing on your target. Banish mechanical swing thoughts and trust your body to swing. Get your preshot routine right and then just let the shot go. Forget the bad shots, relive your successes and all that bollocks.

Theory being that if you walk across a plank on the floor it is easy, but put that plank 50 foot in the air, your focus on outcome leads to you *thinking* about how to walk, hence making it more difficult, tense, and more likely to go wrong. He's got a few books, and had a massive impact on the Tour.

Had 90 shots at Bury Golf Course on Thursday with 7 pars, which is the most pars I've had in a single round. It's not a long course, but a very nice old traditional course.

Sounds good.

I'm just trying to get a swing that *works* having only really just started playing the game. For the first time last week down the range things were starting to work for me but I just havent had the time to keep going recently

Sounds good.

I'm just trying to get a swing that *works* having only really just started playing the game. For the first time last week down the range things were starting to work for me but I just havent had the time to keep going recently

I'd suggest you have a few lessons before you pick up any bad habits.

Shooting! That's you playing off 18 next month then!

Seconded. Get some lessons, write down the key points and agree them with your coach, then practice that to fuck. You've got to get the basics right before worrying about scores and things. It wasnt until my technique improved sufficiently that I could relax a little. It all feels very mechanical to start with, but does get easier with time.

And you off 20....

Consistency is my problem, but that won't improve unless I play more than a couple of times a month.

I've had a couple last year and have a problem not rotating through enough so my shots sometimes go off to the right.

I am going to try and get a couple more booked in though soon.

I've had a couple last year and have a problem not rotating through enough so my shots sometimes go off to the right.

I used to swing all arms and have an horrendous slice. Although, I still slice the ball at times, since I've started twisting my body it's made a huge difference.

And you off 20....

Consistency is my problem, but that won't improve unless I play more than a couple of times a month.

I've still yet to play this year. Indeed, it is looking increasingly likely that the 28th will be the first time I get the clubs out this year...:eek:hnoes:

Had 9 holes of water golf with Johnny on Friday night.

I think we have a bandit on our hands.

Blackpool weekend just gone, shot 102 and 98. Hangovers didn't help!

I'm 99% certain that the 28th will be the first occasion since last October I have the clubs in my hands...
Stop practising you lot!:argh:

All good for me too. Whenever, where ever.
Thanks for booking it penk.

Back