• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

I haven't played for two weeks, going to be dreadful.

Excuses in early? It'll be Stableford anyway so we can all have bad holes can't we? Only takes a good few holes to build your score up. We can always have a little team game as an aside as we're all pretty even. Lemon I'm sure you'll be in top form, like riding a bike. Whoever she is.

Easy Del (all scores are net; actual score for hole - handicap score)

Eagle - 4
Birdie - 3
Par - 2
Bogie - 1

So I'm off 18 (handicap) so get one shot per hole. I score 5 on a par 4 and get a net par = 2 points. Therefore you can have a very good 3 holes (net birdies) and afford to have a couple of disasters as your score will not deviate much from a par score (36). Much closer games than stroke play.

Hope that makes sense.

Never played stableford. Never measured my handicap either. I play for fun 'n' fresh air... and the company of course...
I generally aim to break 100 across the course...

All booked:

Telford Golf & Country Club - 13:12 - £7.50.

An absolute bargain. Better course than Aston Wood.

Never played stableford. Never measured my handicap either. I play for fun 'n' fresh air... and the company of course...
I generally aim to break 100 across the course...

Didn't we play Stableford?

Usually cost £40 for a round at Telford. It is a top, top course.

Plus, thanks for booking fella. Let's pray for good weather. I'm looking forward to it.

Going to give this game a go next week.

Starting point - 3 Hammers.

I fully expect to set a world record for both shots needed and time taken!!

Nah - you'll be fine. At least I picked a course without water to lose all those lovely balls in.

Back