• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

It is a very interesting looking course, but the greens look absolutely bloody awful.

I had a mare yesterday at Patshull. 3 lost balls. 10 on one hole. 9 on another.
Almost managed to make my card look borderline respectable on the back 9. Was doing ok, then went 3-4-3 on 15, 16 & 17.

My inconsistency is what you get for not playing regularly I guess. Only the 3rd or 4th time this year.

Definitely. If I go three months without playing, I spend a month looking like I've never even seen a club before, never mind swung one.

Quite enjoying the spectacle though. Justin Rose is playing pretty damn well.

For all those that want to play shall we set a date for the TWF open?

Tiger is beyond broken I'm afraid. I can't see any way he can ever get back to even close to the player he was.

However I did like his comment - "on the bright side I whipped Ricky Fowler's butt". Woods shot 80, Fowler 81.

Gallows humour at its best.

BTW - God knows what the cut could be if the wind gets up. This looks so difficult on the greens.

Tiger is beyond broken I'm afraid. I can't see any way he can ever get back to even close to the player he was.

However I did like his comment - "on the bright side I whipped Ricky Fowler's butt". Woods shot 80, Fowler 81.

Gallows humour at its best.

He will never be what he was - getting older, knee fucked & back fucked (also every blonde within 30 miles of his hotel room).

I wonder if he won't bother with the main tour for a few years. He doesn't need the money and he is 39 I think. Bet he destroys the senior tour when he hits fifty.

Mental stuff from Day. Hits a green(ish) side Bunker and messes up that shot goes miles away from Green. Then chips back, straight in the hole to get Par.

For all those that want to play shall we set a date for the TWF open?
Cracking idea.
After 10 July, I'm pretty free until 21 August.
If people prefer weekends, I could only do sunday. However any weekday is available except monday.
Should we consider a different venue? Or the same one?

Sunday, Monday or Wednesday for me. The bride gets her shifts a month in advance so can't concretely commit anything further than the same calendar month really

I know the Americans love him but why are we still watching Tiger Woods? Basically last and we still see virtually every shot.

This doesn't look good for Jason Day. Seemed to just collapse walking up the fairway.

Vertigo apparently with the 100 foot drop from tee to green. He must be very wobbly but is carrying on.

It was on his last hole and he finished it. Classy as fuck from Jordan Spieth telling spectators to put their camera phones away and give Day time to recover.

Jordan Speith played a superb round, but on this course any player can find themselves in trouble. It has been nice to see Colin Montgomery playing well, although the last six holes yesterday were very costly for him.

Back