• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Absolutely, anytime really.

Played calderfields in 92 on Monday which is my record. Four c100 yard up and downs and some heroic second putts though. Playing at the PGA at The Belfry on Monday, can't wait!

I think it's by far the best course of the 3. Hard but really good.

If I remember correctly, there are 5 or 6 holes that are very special and wouldn't be out of place on any top course in the World and the remainder are similar to what you'd find on any course.

Had problems with my back for the last couple of weeks. Not sure what's wrong as I've never had back problems before.

Assuming it's okay for September, I'll be in too.
Upper, or lower?
Whichever, hope it improves quickly!
I had a back problem a few years ago, & it was a mare for 9+ months. I injured it being silly, & it was pretty bad. Couldn't sit down for 3 months. Got referred to aa physio, who did very little, but then referred me on to a much stricter hardcore physio, who fixed it within a month.

Lower.

I'd only played golf twice this year and then played 54 holes in two days - it seemed to come on from the last 9.

If I can get new bats sorted soon I would definitely be up for a thrash. Eighteen handicap but haven't played in donkeys.

The more the merrier imo!
Where do you usually play jabba?

Hearsall in Coventry - you're more than welcome over here, but obviously happy to head over to nearer Wolverhampton - started at Beau - lovely course, as I remember.

Hearsall in Coventry - you're more than welcome over here, but obviously happy to head over to nearer Wolverhampton - started at Beau - lovely course, as I remember.

If you're off 18 round Beau then that'll be 14 when we all play! Bastard hard course, very pretty but too hard for me.

If you're off 18 round Beau then that'll be 14 when we all play! Bastard hard course, very pretty but too hard for me.

You need to hit a long straight ball at Beau. It really is a single handicap course.

Really enjoyed the PGA, fantastic course but good god it was brutal. Went round in 97 which I was pretty pleased with. Then a sneaky 12 holes after work at calderfields last night, 11 over! Best I've played, despite catching a flier from the rough on 18 and hitting the clubhouse with my gap wedge from about 140 yards!

Broke my patshull duck with a 97. Annoyingly I still had 2 disappointing holes, meaning I could have scraped under 90, but still.
Played hill top the week before, & whilst happy with a 92, I was aware of 10 shots I could've knocked off.

Advance warning, if we did want to do a weekend game in sept, I can't do the 20th.

Penk, hope the back is improving, ditto for Johnny with his knee.

Yeah, I think it's okay now, so good to go, although it appears that I'll be whopped.

Yeah, I think it's okay now, so good to go, although it appears that I'll be whopped.

Ditto, physio going well so I'll get the sticks out at the start of next month and carve the wooded areas out of some golf club somewhere.

So, when and where is the next TWF Major taking place?

Please make it soon, before I go back to being utterly shit.

Good question.
It appears that Penks back is improving. We're hoping Johnny's knees are up to it too.

Weekends in september are as follows:
sat 6 & sun 7
sat 13 & sun 14
sat 20 & sun 21
sat 27 & sun 28

Aside from the 20th, I'm good for all except possibly 6th. However we have a fair few STH's who might prefer sundays?
I can be flexible regarding venues.

Back