• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Bump!
Playing tomorrow to try getting used to the clubs.

In case we can't get a june date (I'm guessing some posters may have other things on their minds post 12 June...) I'm fairly open for dates in july & august?

I assume del is otherwise engaged til the little un recovers fully?

I'm out this year LJ, I need an operation on my knee and I don't have the luxury of being Luis Suarez so it'll be September before I will go under the knife.

I'm struggling for June and don't really have any Fridays free in July at the moment.

I'm out this year LJ, I need an operation on my knee and I don't have the luxury of being Luis Suarez so it'll be September before I will go under the knife.
Same one you mentioned Johnny? Look after yourself, hope it isn't too bad & you have a quick recovery.

I'm struggling for June and don't really have any Fridays free in July at the moment.
Mid July to around the 20th august I can be flexible on days, as will have a bit more time off if that helps matey. Understand if you've a lot on though.

Played patshull again friday. Think I'm getting the hang of the new clubs a little. Still had a poor 108, though I had 3 8's & a 9.
Again a much better back 9.

I can be pretty flexible once June is out of the way.

103 this friday.
Started with a 9, then a 10 on the third. Played pretty well after that.
Starting to get a better idea about what club a shot is to be.
Still struggling a little to get to grips with the hybrids.
Oh, & (Johnny will be glad to learn) putting is still woeful!

Easy to see 7-8 shots I could/should have made better, which would've reduced my total score.

If July is difficult for people, I could play in august, as long as it is before the 21st.
Not restricted to fridays either (unless that's what others prefer?)

Stopped playing when I was 18 and have had the odd game here and there over the years. Played the other day with people from work and a few things struck me (including a stray ball at one point) .

Its much more fun now I’m older and I don’t take it as seriously as I used too.
Likey hills is pretty amazing for a municipal course.
I actually think the game is easier now I play to my limitations.
My clubs need replacing, my irons are ladies clubs and my putter looks like it was 'acquired' from a pitch and put.

Just need to work out why they no longer sell 3 irons in sets and what the hell a hybrid is and i might treat myself in the next few months.

Lickey Hills near brum? How much is it Haggstone? Recommended?

I switched clubs winter just gone. Still learning to be honest. I miss my 3 iron.

It's near bromsgrove and is £10.00 for nine holes £17.50 for 18. I'll be going back again. Greens are good too, my first put I knocked it into a bunker!

Thanks Haggs. Have suggested it to a mate who is recovering from a hernia & fancies a game this summer.

A few of us had our regular game of sand golf yesterday. It is interesting being permanently in a bunker....!

Played hill top today.
Think I'm starting to gauge the new clubs a bit.
Apart from a 10 on the 8th, had a decent front 9.
Back 9 didn't start so well, but improved, & a 3 birdie on the 16th (including holing a putt from off the green, yes Johnny, you read that right!) meant I finished with a 98.
Still not as good a score as I'd like, but improvement.
Try again at patshull friday.
I do think part of my not adapting so well is because I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like.

Need to get the practise in LJ, and you're definitely cut after holing one from off the green :)

went & played patshull a couple of weeks ago.
Annoyingly, was on course to break 100 for I think the first time. Was on 75 on the 16th, had taken 2 & was on the green. Then the heavens opened. After a few mins the green was underwater & we had to quit. I was gutted.

Went & tried telford again yesterday. Had a mare & went round in 109. 5 putted on 1 hole :facepalm:

Had my knee done yesterday LJ and everything has gone better than expected. Depending on weather we could go for late September?

Saw your post mate, & am very pleased to hear it has gone well!

I could play in september, but am likely to be restricted to weekends. If that is ok for you & others, be happy too.

Meanwhile, hoping the recovery keeps coming on strong for ya!

Absolutely, anytime really.

Played calderfields in 92 on Monday which is my record. Four c100 yard up and downs and some heroic second putts though. Playing at the PGA at The Belfry on Monday, can't wait!

Had problems with my back for the last couple of weeks. Not sure what's wrong as I've never had back problems before.

Assuming it's okay for September, I'll be in too.

Back