• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Good question.
It appears that Penks back is improving. We're hoping Johnny's knees are up to it too.

Weekends in september are as follows:
sat 6 & sun 7
sat 13 & sun 14
sat 20 & sun 21
sat 27 & sun 28

Aside from the 20th, I'm good for all except possibly 6th. However we have a fair few STH's who might prefer sundays?
I can be flexible regarding venues.

September is a shocker for me, due to holidays and looking after the kids - also, does it have to be a weekend?

I can't really do weekends either.

And having tempted the driving range last night my backs aching a bit. Probably still be able to play, but will have to rest it a bit for a couple of days after.

It's 99.9% certain I wouldn't be able to get any time off work on a weekday between now & mid/late october, as it is my busiest period at work. That's why I suggested a september weekend a while ago.

However I can appreciate that if for the majority a weekday works, I wouldn't be able to defend my crown. But if that works better for you lads, fair enough. We'll have to arrange a game next summer though.

As it has been sunny, I got the sticks out today. First round since last august. Pleased to do hill top in a 92, even with 2 poor holes carding 8's.
Still, feeling a little more comfortable with these clubs now.

Faldo will be playing his final Open this July.

Yeah man. I'm a lot more flexible this year too.

Cracking stuff gents. I'll be good for options post 22 May.
Any other posters interested? Penk?

Sorry Delbert bit too short notice for me. Looks nice though, are you playing both courses?

Doing roman Road and the monty. 2010 was £150 extra, so declined! Plated there last year though

I think Roman road and Monty are beautiful courses. Hard but very nice to play. How's the handicap now?

Getting better! Cut a lot of the shit long game stuff out, so giving myself chances to score. Struggle from 40-50 yards out though, I'll either slide under it sending it ten yards, or catch it fat and go over the green. Generally 20-23 over par though. Was 4 over for a back nine on Sunday, so it's in there!

Did patshull in 94 yesterday with my dad.
2 years ago I'd have been delighted with that score. Despite it only being the 2nd round of the year, I didn't feel it went that well. Indeed, I was surprised at the score when I added them up.
Perhaps I'm getting used to the clubs a bit?

What a round of golf :dance:

Course is a par 73, and though I'm off 22 I've only broken 95 here once before, as we don't play it very often.

Only shot 89 including 2 penalties

First time under 90

43 points

Net 67

Only 30 putts

Beat my mate for the first time in 3 years

San Miguel in the bar

Steak for dinner

What a round of golf :dance:

Course is a par 73, and though I'm off 22 I've only broken 95 here once before, as we don't play it very often.

Only shot 89 including 2 penalties

First time under 90

43 points

Net 67

Only 30 putts

Beat my mate for the first time in 3 years

San Miguel in the bar

Steak for dinner

I had a mare yesterday at Patshull. 3 lost balls. 10 on one hole. 9 on another.
Almost managed to make my card look borderline respectable on the back 9. Was doing ok, then went 3-4-3 on 15, 16 & 17.

My inconsistency is what you get for not playing regularly I guess. Only the 3rd or 4th time this year.

Why is the US Open being played in a Quarry?

Bit of a push to say the Greens are green.

Back