• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Haven't other golfers altered their swing and still stayed at the top of the game?

Also remember his back is borked. Since his knee injury he has suffered a lot of other issues, so his game has been halted by those. His back being borked is the reason he isn't taking part in the next Major. He is ok to swing the club but just not for 2 or 4 days.

His back is fucked because he has had to change his swing to try and protect the knee. The strain has to go somewhere in a swing as frankly brutal as what Woods does. Compare how he swings a club with say, Ernie Els.

Jason Day has completely lost the plot at the end of his round here

Just watched Ernie Els putting masterclass at the first hole - no way of recovering a round after you have done that

Must have felt awful doing that in the full glare of the audience & TV cameras

Spieth unhappy about being timed. And he uttered an expletive. Are they being timed because of slow play?

Only reason they ever time them. Have the group lost a complete hole on those in front?

Nice to see Spieth coming back to the field a bit. Don't want another procession this year.

The greens look absolutely impossible today.

Agreed. It looks really tough out there. It shows just how good these players are.

Spieth unhappy about being timed. And he uttered an expletive. Are they being timed because of slow play?

They are and the new rules are that you should be ready to take your shot. Spieth is a particularly slow player, tortuous to watch.

They are and the new rules are that you should be ready to take your shot. Spieth is a particularly slow player, tortuous to watch.

Thanks, is it just Spieth they are timing, or all of the players? There are occasions when a player needs time to assess the situation.

I like the way Sky apologised because he said "frickin".

They will be timing all three players in the group. I have seen continental drift quicker than Spieth's play, so hopefully this might hurry him up a bit.

They will be timing all three players in the group. I have seen continental drift quicker than Spieth's play, so hopefully this might hurry him up a bit.

As far as I know the new rules apply to individuals as well as the group so the rest of the group isn't punished by one player. I think players have 40seconds to play their shot once it is their turn when they are on the clock.

Frank - players have plenty of time to assess the situation whilst the group ahead play theirs. Players these days hit the ball so well and far that the wait for professionals is players on greens taking far too much time. Spieth has been known to take his line on a putt, walk away and get his caddie to have look, 5 minutes worth of looking, it's taking the piss and he's rightly pulled up on it.

Thanks for the information Gents, but surely sometimes the ball can be in such an awkward position, as in close to a tree, that they should be given time to assess the situation?

Back