• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Thanks for the information Gents, but surely sometimes the ball can be in such an awkward position, as in close to a tree, that they should be given time to assess the situation?

They have plenty of time Frank, it's not like they have to look for it like everyday golfers do. They have somebody find their ball for them and they have roughly 6 minutes between shots. That's plenty of time for anybody.

Bruce DeChambeau (he's the amateur at joint 8th) has an interesting set of clubs, his irons are all the same length.

I saw a BBC article about him and his clubs a couple of months ago which was very interesting. I'll try and find it again.

Just how tough is this course. The worlds greatest players are struggling to get par on every hole.

When it is windy the greens are almost unplayable. But that is the main defence of the course.

McIlroy has really struggled so far today. He needs a decent last six holes, but his drive at the 13th has not helped his cause.

And Bernhard Langer is rolling back the years. He is still a great player.

Watching Bernhard Langer, I thought broom handle putters had been banned.

He releases the top of the club from resting on his body (just - and I mean just) before the stroke begins.

Spieth is taking the piss with his slow play. Hope he gets clocked and dumps it in the water when distracted.

Spieth is looking good here unless he falls away badly.McIlroy is so far playing much better than yesterday, but has he left himself too much to do?

This is getting interesting. Spieth is emperor spawny of the spawny people just now. Willett is playing magnificently. So is Lee Westwood.

Back