• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

I'm at boldmere this afternoon, got to be shorts!

Apparently patshull do allow tailored shorts, but I'm in the better safe than sorry category...

I'm not sure I'm happy with you lot playing golf whilst I'm sitting in the office. At least the weather will still be nice when I play on Tuesday.

Apparently patshull do allow tailored shorts, but I'm in the better safe than sorry category...

They do I've played in shorts round there a couple of times. Scares the ducks out of the way.

No golf for me till next week either. Need to get out and play.

Gotta get the practise in for 15/16 august when we meet again!

Johnny I will post up possible july dates up over the weekend if I get a chance mate.

Excellent, looking forward to it. The 15/ 16 August is good for me too. I think we should choose a relatively forgiving course for Kenny's first go.

Hard work in the heat, but enjoyable!
Started like a bandito! Great first 9 - acheived 6 pars!
Fell away on the back 9 - lost a ball on one hole resulting in dropped shots. Still, carded a 95 which I'm pretty chuffed with, as Patshull can be pretty difficult.

Think the dry weather helped - a lot of run on the fairways. Still, a first 9 of 6, 3, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4 ain't to be sniffed at!

:tiphat:

Comments were made by my dad & his mates!
I think at the start they estimated me to be a 28. Apparently after 11 holes I was 3 gross (whatever that means?)

I think you were four gross after 9, which equates to about 28 points.

Went round Lichfield (Seedy Mill) in 93 last night and missed a couple of puts plus a duff shot in the sand.

My second shot on the 18 finished three foot from the pin, but I missed my put for birdie. Ball ended up 1mm from the hole.

Love the 18th there, gorgeous hole. I holed with a lob wedge once, unfortunately it was my eighth after hitting the water twice!

Love the 18th there, gorgeous hole. I holed with a lob wedge once, unfortunately it was my eighth after hitting the water twice!

Yeah, it is a nice finishing hole.

Unfortunately, there was no one sitting on the terrace to cheer my splendid second.

Played at Beau on Tuesday. What a lovely course, but if you don't play off single figures, forget it.

Yeah, it is a nice finishing hole.

Unfortunately, there was no one sitting on the terrace to cheer my splendid second.

Played at Beau on Tuesday. What a lovely course, but if you don't play off single figures, forget it.

Far too hard for me and one of the few courses I haven't enjoyed.

Never played either of the above.

I mentioned 15th/16th August previously as a suggestion for another round. I'm looking like I can also have a game one of 1st/2nd August if anyone would like? Think Penk's away then?

I really like Seedy Mill too. I have also holed with a wedge! (Was only about 20 yards though)

Round of the year for me yesterday; 16 over par at Boldmere, including 6 pars and 8 bogeys. Delighted with how I played, really solid ball striking and my touch around the green was really good. As is typical, I’m only disappointed that it wasn’t better, as twice I was in serious trouble and went for hero shot as opposed to just taking my medicine, probably cost me an additional 3-4 shots. Got our football club golf day on Sunday at Perton, will have one more range session to get some groove ion my driver swing as that was 50/50 yesterday (but not bad considering I’ve not used one all year!) and apparently the fairways at Perton are quite narrow.

Never played either of the above.

I mentioned 15th/16th August previously as a suggestion for another round. I'm looking like I can also have a game one of 1st/2nd August if anyone would like? Think Penk's away then?

The 1st (A thursday?) Where do you fancy LJ?

Round of the year for me yesterday; 16 over par at Boldmere, including 6 pars and 8 bogeys. Delighted with how I played, really solid ball striking and my touch around the green was really good. As is typical, I’m only disappointed that it wasn’t better, as twice I was in serious trouble and went for hero shot as opposed to just taking my medicine, probably cost me an additional 3-4 shots. Got our football club golf day on Sunday at Perton, will have one more range session to get some groove ion my driver swing as that was 50/50 yesterday (but not bad considering I’ve not used one all year!) and apparently the fairways at Perton are quite narrow.

Perton is very open and bland Del, you'd do well to lose a ball there. Sounds like it's going well.

I'm on holiday on the 1st, so won't be able to play.

Enjoyable day at Enville yesterday, golf wasn't great and a 6 hour round probably didn't help, but at least the sun was beaming.

Back