• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Played at Astbury Hall yesterday, what a lovely course. KK Downing has spent £1m on each green.

Followed by a mix grill of Kangaroo, Springbok and Wild Bore at the Grove in Telford.

Astbury looks stunning. When I get my new bats I might have to join you there for a game Craig. KK has something a bit special set up.

It's very American, wide open with very lush semi rush. The setting is fantastic and always nice to have a pint with KK. Anytime, Will.

I'm playing at Cave Castle in Brough tomorrow. Over night stop too.

I though you were wearing jeans until I saw the pga badge on the arse. Ruffian ;shakesfist;

I though you were wearing jeans until I saw the pga badge on the arse. Ruffian ;shakesfist;

Re-reading the thread, were you checking out my arse?:eek:hnoes:

Anyways, I'm off for my 2nd game of the year this afternoon. Patshull, & got a freebie!

Anyways, I'm off for my 2nd game of the year this afternoon. Patshull, & got a freebie!

Well, that certainly was no el bandito round.
The positives - the weather stayed dry!
Iron play was poor (especially short iron play) & had a mare on the 15th when I went into the sand & took 4 shots to get out.
Didn't break 100...

Got a full round in at Telford and it's a tough course from start to finish but probably the best course I've played in Shropshire (including Shifnal). Shot 98 but included two 9's at those bloody par 5's. Shot the back 9 to handicap (+9) with a 9 in there too. Still lost and no time for beer at the end.

Had the pleasure of playing Carton House a few weeks back which is where the Irish Open is on now. Two superb courses but bloody hard... especially Monty's which is bunker-tastic

Just bought the Callaway X-Hot driver and hybrid - £179 for the two with a money off voucher! Range tonight...

Any dates people can do in the summer for a game? End of July suit people? Some great deals on Teetimes.

Need to get myself some lessons booked.

Been putting it off for a while.

OOF. Obviously worked a lot with my new toys tonight, looks to be paying off. Driver going about 220 to 240, +/- 15 yards left to right or straight. Hybrid is beautiful, going about 170-180. Can't wait to stand on a tee with something other than a five iron in my hand!

Well put a date on it Del. I'm sure El Bandito and Penk will play too.

August would probably be better for me. Got quite a bit on in July.

Yeah, I'm going to struggle in July - with little Matilda here I don't want to spend too much time away from her.

Where or who in the Wolvo area is good for lessons?

Going to have a couple more hacks around the 3 Hammer Course and if I am not close to wrapping a club around the nearest tree/Paddy/passer-by I think it may be worth knocking the interest levels up a notch or 3 but I am well aware I need a lot of pointers

I think the hammers do decent prices on lessons.

Back