• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Where or who in the Wolvo area is good for lessons?

Going to have a couple more hacks around the 3 Hammer Course and if I am not close to wrapping a club around the nearest tree/Paddy/passer-by I think it may be worth knocking the interest levels up a notch or 3 but I am well aware I need a lot of pointers

Fancy a hack around there on the 18th July? I've got to come over that way to pick my Nan up for my graduation may as well kill some time.

I'm sure we can sort that out

Where or who in the Wolvo area is good for lessons?

Going to have a couple more hacks around the 3 Hammer Course and if I am not close to wrapping a club around the nearest tree/Paddy/passer-by I think it may be worth knocking the interest levels up a notch or 3 but I am well aware I need a lot of pointers

That all depends where you live, one of the best teams are the boys over at Perton and particular good for beginners (James and Piers I think) and they have reasonable lesson prices. I was taught by the most arrogant man alive (he even made Hoddle look humble) but his teaching was brilliant, I don't know where he is now though.

DON'T go to the Hammers they are shite and the pro's are appallingly bad.

Other than that, go to your local course and ask about the lessons. You'll know within 10 minutes of meeting the pro whether he's any good or not. And try to buy a block of 4 (with an added incentive of another 4 if you like it). You should be able to get decent prices (5 for £100). But it's about the practice Kenneth. You need to play at least once a week as well as your lessons and probably a trip own the range. The lessons alone won't improve you.

It took me 10 years to realise I needed more practice rather than wasting money on lessons. Sure enough when I did my handicap tumbled. All gone to shit now as I don't really have the time to play anymore.

Kenny, you work in Walsall? CAlderfields is good. Pro named Paul Hebdon, really nice guy and prompt in sending you video analysis etc.

Cheers chaps.

maybe in 10 years time I will be good enough to carry Del's Golf Bag around for him.

Any dates people can do in the summer for a game? End of July suit people? Some great deals on Teetimes.

I have some select days I can do in July. I'll post them when I'm near my diary.
I think on the previous page I mooted the 15th/16th august which was good for penk, del undecided (work, baby etc...)

After a few more lumps around the short course at 3 Hammers, I will put on my big boy pants and hit the course with you guys then

I'll look forward to it!
TWF golf day grows exponentially every year!

Indeed - ability is no barrier, I still enjoyed myself!

Going to play Patshull this afternoon with my dad.
We certainly have the weather for it! Suncream at the ready!

Smarter trousers are in the boot!
Got a pique tshirt at the ready!

Going straight from work, so could shirt & tie it if they moan! :icon_lol:

Smarter trousers are in the boot!
Got a pique tshirt at the ready!

Going straight from work, so could shirt & tie it if they moan! :icon_lol:

golfer-bobby-jones.jpg

I'm having a lesson today - the golf starts today for me!

Back