• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are 12-14 weeks off the peak then I'm not sure what the alternative solution is. Behind closed doors with whoever in your squad isn't ill?

Can see the logic but just imagine being in Leeds or Albions position and being told sorry can you do it all over again pls.
Personally I’d award every side a point for remaining fixtures, no way on earth do Norwich especially deserve to be given another chance at this level.

Pragmatic thing would be a months break and then see what the world looks like in the middle of April

With things being put on hold and things overlapping I can see the League Cup being abolished to free up midweek.

With things being put on hold and things overlapping I can see the League Cup being abolished to free up midweek.

I think so too...and then it might never come back as no-one will miss it.

If you really want to just get the final 9 or so games done for every club for the rest of the season, then I can imagine we'll see most or all of them behind closed doors, and happening on weird days of the week - like eg, you have two teams with an upcoming fixture scheduled, and they're both in self-isolation now but due to both come out of it with an all-clear next Tuesday, then the game could be rescheduled for the Wednesday or Thursday. It'll be messy, but if the Europa and Champions Leagues remain postponed longer, then the various leagues should be able to figure out a way to get things done over April/May/June maybe?

A thought I had was whether UEFA get tempted to put on the remaining legs of the Europa and Champions Leagues all over 2/3 weeks in the summer as a replacement for the postponed Euros, too. But all of this is provided that May/June is when we do see the peak, and whether the clubs and players continue to accept playing behind closed doors...

Norway FA reporting that Euros postponed until 2021. 11 June to 11 July.

They have an extended loan window (up to where the old transfer deadline used to be, end of March) but it doesn't matter now.

The players are safe, you can't mess with their contracts. Football is weird in a legal sense, it breaks any number of covenants but we just sort of write it off and say that's the way it is.

Lots on twitter saying Peter Whittingham has died after a fall at home.

Former Cardiff City and Aston Villa midfielder Peter Whittingham is in hospital, South Wales Police have confirmed.

Lots on twitter saying Peter Whittingham has died after a fall at home.
In what must be a very worrying time for his family Twitter makes it worse. So many people passing this off as fact. Took Tom Ross whose son is a friend to correct it hours later and even then people carried on repeating in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back