• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus, the country's prime minister Giuseppe Conte has announced.

This includes Serie A but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions.

That's from the lockdown statement

Then nothing to worry about for Inter...apart from a virus of course.

Well, quite.

Plus, what on earth happens if the AWAY team's government imposes 14 day quarantine on anybody returning from that area? Their league goes to pot at that point.

Put it this way, get through Olympiacos (crossfingers) and Inter is not exactly high on the list of teams I would wish us to draw.

I'd imagine it would be reasonably easy to ensure that a travelling team and its entourage were provided with sufficient protection; likewise the home side. Just test all involved beforehand and make sure they take precautions and don't come into contact with anyone else. It's unmonitored people who are the problem, not the area per se.

Agreed, but if government put in self-isolation legislation the team would be bound by that.

Really hope he goes Dortmund rather than there
Supposedly he has the choice of going to Dortmund and being in and around the first team squad straight away or United and being loaned back to Blues for a season. He'll only just have turned 17 at the start of next season so being at home for another 12 months may appeal to him

I'd rather live in Dortmund than Birmingham.

Supposedly he has the choice of going to Dortmund and being in and around the first team squad straight away or United and being loaned back to Blues for a season. He'll only just have turned 17 at the start of next season so being at home for another 12 months may appeal to him

Possibly. He's good enough to be involved in Dortmund's squad right away so I hope he takes that option!

Odd things happening at Charlton.

Take over went through in January but today the major shareholder has walked away after a bust up with the other 2 members of the group. Seems he got annoyed they gave Bowyer a new, improved deal and decided to try and make a move to takeover the club completely. Only issue was he was the only 1 of the 3 who had not yet passed the EFL's F&P test (why was the takeover allowed then?) so that wasn't going to work and then he doubled down on his acions by being a bit of nobber that led to legal action being threatened against him.

Just when Charlton fans thought their nightmare was over!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e66d30dc5f81/statement-from-executive-chairman-matt-southall

Barcelona v Napoli and LASK v Man United also to be played behind closed doors.

Further, no spectators at Polish matches until further notice, which might nicely fuck the final up.

So things going well at Villa. Reported Drinkwater and (fake) Jota had a training ground fight and Drinkwater was sent home and might not play again for them (shame as he has been really shit for them).
Also reports that Smith is close to getting the sack.

Their fans seem to want Allardyce, which I get from a desperation point of view, but with probably needing 4 wins needed from 10 games they need more than just someone setting them up solidly. They'd lose less of the 10 under him not sure they'd win any more though

Moved on from demanding Poch then

That's some some jump from him to Sam

As an aside, if any of the self-isolating players at Arsenal test positive then our game at West Ham has to be postponed as they played West Ham after being in contact with Maranakis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back