• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa accounts are fucking appalling. They would have been massively in breach of FFP without the government giving them £18m to drive a train through Bodymoor Heath and then selling Villa Park to themselves for nearly £35m. Not to mention they are claiming profit on sales of players of £53m.

Greatest work of fiction since War and Peace. Best bit - new owners had to pay £30m to Randy Lerner owed upon promotion as Tony Xia reneged on the deal.

If they go down they are absolutely fucked. Even if they sell the family silver. Such a crying shame.
On the pitch absolutely, I'd have thought £100m+ for McGinn, Grealish and Mings would assist with the FFP side of things?

They are going to make a loss this year. We turned over £172m in seventh. They are in 19th. And their transfer spend is north of £150m. It will be a distress sale. £45m ish for Grealish, £30m for Mings and not that much for McGinn. And they will need probably a £70m profit next season to avoid FFP sanction.

Destination fucked.

The fire sale only works with Grealish if there is only one party interested, I think there is likely to be more. I had him at 60, Mings, 30 and McGinn 20. The latter was shocking at Molineux and got crocked not too long afterwards but seems to be highly rated generally

If anyone pays £20m for McGinn they need their head examined. Villa best hope Fulham get promoted, only they would be that mental.

If anyone pays £30m for Mings they need their head checking too. He’s part of the worst defence isn’t the league and constantly at fault for goals. Hause went for a tenth of that and there’s no massive difference in defensive ability. Mings less of a bomb scare with the ball his feet.

On villa talk the other night they reckoned grealish would only go if it was a 90+ million quid offer,anything less and he'd stop because he's villa through and through

Villa paid 22 and since then he's become an England International, someone will be that stupid if they go down

There probably will be someone that stupid and as a e result would need their head checking. I imagine they will get their money back

I don't get why Mings is so highly rated. He's always out of position, despite his size is outmuscled quite often as well. Fans bang on about his stats for blocking and headers, but then I also read a stat last week that he's also made less tackles this season than Danny Welbeck. Can pass the ball out well enough I suppose but from what I can tell he seems like a slightly better Danny Batth.

Stearman is the better comparison. Last minute blocks, because he was out of position in the first place

Villa paid 22 and since then he's become an England International, someone will be that stupid if they go down

West Ham might be that dim, but hopefully they go down as well.

I don't think Everton would be overly interested. Not sure Newcastle have issues at that end of the field.

Maybe United could pair him with slabhead and make themselves even worse.

No handshakes between players and officials before start of game. What a waste of time that is. Won’t shake each other hands but will grapple with each other at corners and all game.

On villa talk the other night they reckoned grealish would only go if it was a 90+ million quid offer,anything less and he'd stop because he's villa through and through

You forgot the guaranteed buy back clause that some think they'll be able to insert into any sale contract on the basis that he'll want to rejoin them when they get promoted again.

Italy in complete lockdown all sporting events cancelled wonder how Uefa will manage Inter v Getafe on Thursday

They have specifically said that Europa and Champions League games are exempt haven't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back