• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very wary of this kind of deal. All it takes is for the owners to get disillusioned with the whole project/fall out with the fans or whatever and suddenly they might put the club up for sale, not including the ground. Creates all kinds of mess and it's happened frequently in the past - Leeds took the best part of 20 years to sort out, Oxford still isn't sorted and probably never will be, Walsall have the bizarre situation where the owner is still there and charges them rent every year, there'll be other examples too.

It's short term carpetbagging shite. If at any point they'd bothered building a proper squad in the Championship rather than putting expensive sticking plasters everywhere and hoping they could wing it, they wouldn't need this kind of manoeuvre which could easily turn sour down the line.

Not that Fosun could do it even if they wanted as Wolves don't own the land.
They could sell themselves the leasehold to the stadium without owning the land it sits on. Think the Walsall situation is similar to that, didn't Bonser allow the club to gain ownership of the stadium but still owns the land it sits on so he can keep getting the ground rent.

Yeah, but if you don't own the land, it isn't much of an asset to sell on later (if you were so minded) or even leverage any value out of if you sold the football club and retained that bit. It's just bricks and mortar.

They could sell themselves the leasehold to the stadium without owning the land it sits on. Think the Walsall situation is similar to that, didn't Bonser allow the club to gain ownership of the stadium but still owns the land it sits on so he can keep getting the ground rent.

I think there's a covenant built into the lease to prevent this sort of thing happening. I remember something about Morgan not being able to move the club for this reason.

EFL are bottlejobs for letting this type of thing happen. Easy enough to make the owners/ directors sign a PG on the club's debts.

There is a 99 year covenant that the ground must be a sports ground. Totally ironclad

There is a 99 year covenant that the ground must be a sports ground. Totally ironclad

That's not quite what I meant. I thought there was something in the lease to prevent 3rd party or sub-leasing the ground. As in Fosun couldn't split the lease from the club in a separate company.

So all the crying from Gomes at Watford last season as every FA Cup game was his last game ever for Watford was for nothing as he signs a 1yr deal

Pretty sure it was definitely proven that he was better than their #1 at dealing with people "lumping it into the box".

Boltons “prospective” new owners to be named monday.

Did you accidentally join the wrong Wanderers forum a long time ago James?

He loves giving us Notlob news.

Either that or which wrestler has died.

Awesome contribution.

and Blackpool news

Leave little Jimmy alone

Did you accidentally join the wrong Wanderers forum a long time ago James?

Just spreading the news

He loves giving us Notlob news.

Either that or which wrestler has died.

Awesome contribution.

You’re the one that bites btw. Also I like wrestling whats wrong with that.

and Blackpool news

I live in Cleveleys, a lot of my friends are Blackpool fans and they’ve been through the cuntery that we suffered.
What can I say? I am a bit of a cunt at times.

Most of the time but would love to buy you a beer sometime.

I was telling folk to be nice Jimmy

Anyway, looks like Bassini is being an ubercunt and threatening legal action to prevent Football Ventures being confirmed as the new owners tomorrow

Last edited:
Bury booted out of Carrington because they haven't kept it to the standards expected by Man City or been paying bills.

They currently have no manager or coaching staff, seven players, no friendlies organised and no training ground.

I was telling folk to be nice Jimmy

Anyway, looks like Bassini is being an ubdercunt and threatening legal action to prevent Football Ventures being confirmed as the new owners tomorrow

Meh... hope they go bust

Notts County have till the 10th to find a new owner or face the music with the HMRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back