• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame considering they renovated it 3 years ago.

Renovated?

It's falling apart. The bogs aren't fit for purpose, it stinks and is rusty as fuck. Amazing looking stadium, but it needs gutting and starting again sadly.

Think the "renovation" there was literally a lick of paint. It's basically untouched since 1990 and we all know standards have moved on since then.

Yepp you are right DW, it was a lick of paint and redoing the changing rooms.

Last edited:
Saw a game there in 2017, place is crumbling and the toilets are awful. Iconic ground though so very glad I got to see a game there, hopefully it is not replaced by some soulless bowl. Wonder how long it will take, this is Italy after all.

Who knows,they still haven't finished the coliseum yet

Saw a game there in 2017, place is crumbling and the toilets are awful. Iconic ground though so very glad I got to see a game there, hopefully it is not replaced by some soulless bowl. Wonder how long it will take, this is Italy after all.

The planned project is rumoured to be something like the Mercedes Superdome in Atlanta but in regards to time they demolished and built the stadium for Juventus quite quickly (2 years)

Marta is the all-time World Cup top scorer for both men and women, with 17 goals to her name across 19 matches.

I wish they wouldn't do this, it's embarrassing. What is there to gain by insisting that the standard is the same? A part-time striker from Stourbridge would score more than her.

He tried to get an opposition player booked for tackling a pitch invader too. He's not thick, he's just a cunt.

Villa the latest club to sell their ground to their owners.

Done the week before the play off final, which explains why they were always confident of FFP. Not part of the same holding group as the club though, which makes them fucked if the owners turn out to be bandits

I'd be very wary of this kind of deal. All it takes is for the owners to get disillusioned with the whole project/fall out with the fans or whatever and suddenly they might put the club up for sale, not including the ground. Creates all kinds of mess and it's happened frequently in the past - Leeds took the best part of 20 years to sort out, Oxford still isn't sorted and probably never will be, Walsall have the bizarre situation where the owner is still there and charges them rent every year, there'll be other examples too.

It's short term carpetbagging shite. If at any point they'd bothered building a proper squad in the Championship rather than putting expensive sticking plasters everywhere and hoping they could wing it, they wouldn't need this kind of manoeuvre which could easily turn sour down the line.

Not that Fosun could do it even if they wanted as Wolves don't own the land.

This loophole is bizarre and I hope Villa get punished for it long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back