• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking the FA to solve racism is a bit like asking a bank teller to fix the global economy.

That's ex-Wolf Lee Collins referenced in there (as well as Murray, Potter and Iwelumo).

Excellent piece, the only thing I'd disagree is that Anton Ferdinand's career drifted because of the Terry incident. He just wasn't very good.

Bulgaria have been ordered to play two matches behind closed doors and fined 75,000 euros (£65,000) for their fans' racist abuse of England players in a Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia earlier this month

Come down hard on them then...

Bulgarian kids looking forward to a couple of free games though

Eddie Howe has banned heading in u11's and lower training. I'm sure a few years ago this might've been seen as 'soft' and I'm no fan of Howe in the main but the science seems to be there to support the decision.

Not sure where else to put this, this thread seemed most fitting -

I was in London this weekend with my niece who is a Chelsea fan so we took her to Stamford Bridge for the stadium tour.

As we were touring the Chelsea dressing room, the tour guide was explaining that the first team squad get ~3,000 shirts a year, roughly working out at 3 shirts per player per game, one for the 1st half, one for the 2nd and one that gets signed and auctioned off at the end of the game.

In contrast the womens team get 1 shirt per season per player! If it gets bloodied or muddied, it gets re-washed but not replaced!
I could not believe that.

They were also booming out Liquidator on the speakers as we walked out of the tunnel, which sounded amazing obviously.

Eddie Howe has banned heading in u11's and lower training. I'm sure a few years ago this might've been seen as 'soft' and I'm no fan of Howe in the main but the science seems to be there to support the decision.

The science isn't there at all. People need to be careful with this kind of opinion as it is misinformed but easily a conclusion people jump to as the media have misrepresented the research to date.

Derby trying to hold Keogh to ransom, not sure why, he’s not very good and at 33 with a severe knee injury he’s probably done. Bit unethical trying to get him to sign a reduced terms contract because he’s injured, when they aren’t going to sack the other two.

Just let him run down his contract and let him go. Having him on for another year on Reduced terms won’t save you any money when he’s unusable next year anyway.

They’ve sacked him. Not sure how a decent lawyer couldn’t argue that and get compensation. Probably more than his contract after fees

No seatbelt could be an issue though.

Might be. However, fairness of treatment compared to the other 2 might be an issue.

Guess they wore their seatbelt and as a result weren’t hurt...

He wasn't driving though was he?

He acted an arse, but didn't commit a criminal act.

Breach of contract though, assuming that says something about taking due care of yourself suitably to play football?

Breach of contract though, assuming that says something about taking due care of yourself suitably to play football?

so he's breached his contract by not wearing a seatbelt, but they haven't by getting drunk, then driving, racing each other, fleeing the scene of an accident?

Precisely.

He has been treated completely differently, and he will sue the living fuck out of the club.

Precisely.

He has been treated completely differently, and he will sue the living fuck out of the club.
Whatever the ethics and nobody will argue them. Bennett's and Lawrence's actions didn't make them unfit for work. Keogh's did, that's the difference. Appreciate you are the lawyer though

I’d have thought the expectations of behabiour would be different for a club captain vs younger players though.

Whatever the ethics and nobody will argue them. Bennett's and Lawrence's actions didn't make them unfit for work. Keogh's did, that's the difference. Appreciate you are the lawyer though

Bennetts and Lawrences actions (see previous post) caused him to be unfit for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back