• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr - yes it is.

He has been injured by the actions of others. So first glance it isn't his fault.

Of course, there must be enormous actions by himself in the whole incident that put him in the breach. As just a passenger, there aren't. As the main incitement to the whole incident then maybe there are. I wonder if we will ever hear the full story, or if Keogh will just go away quietly.

His contract will say something like the club reserve the right to penalise him if he gets injured in a situation where he knowingly knew he was putting himself in jeopardy. Granted, this normally means something like skiing, but when you turn back the taxis the club lay on especially for the session you have already been advised not to go on and then get in the car of someone you know to be over the limit, then I don't see where he can go from that. Ultimately the drink drivers weren't injured, that's the distinction.

I'm not saying Derby are on safe ground, but I absolutely know they think they are

Tbf they are going to have discussed it with the lawyers before they did it...

Tbf they are going to have discussed it with the lawyers before they did it...

You would think so.

I'm pretty sure he will be found in breach of contract for damaging the image of the club. The other two could also be sacked and it is up to Derby why they didn't do that.

I'm not sure he has a leg to stand on. But I'm not a lawyer.

League Cup QF Draw

Oxford v Man City
Man Utd v Colchester
Liverpool v Villa (although Liverpool are saying they will pull out of the cup if the FL cannot change the date of the game)
Everton v Leicester

League Cup QF Draw

Oxford v Man City
Man Utd v Colchester
Liverpool v Villa (although Liverpool are saying they will pull out of the cup of the FL cannot change the date of the game)
Everton v Leicester

Looking at Liverpool's fixture, their first available slot is after the semi finals have started. Why the Caraboa Cup still has two legged semi finals is beyond me so will they change the competition rules so that the semi's are moved or will they knock the 2 legs on the head?

Could have got a bye to the semis then. Guess they’ve got to move it to mid November. No other time they can play it

Could have got a bye to the semis then. Guess they’ve got to move it to mid November. No other time they can play it

it will be a bye or Arsenal will get reinstated to the competition I guess.

I don't see why Liverpool can't fulfil the fixture. They have enough players at the club to cover the game and the manager will just have to give the game to one of his team. That's what they're there for.

Klopp should play the first team against Villa and send the kids to the pointless world club cup

I did think why can't he just play two teams. The stronger one for whichever is his priority.

Presumably they'll be flying close to 25 players out there (as they have multiple games). Not going to leave much, I mean they'd take three keepers for a start. They had some unpronouncable Irish chap in goal last night - he's a total unknown and yet he'd be flying out as third choice in case one of Alisson or Adrian broke. If Lonners is still there it'd be him or a total child then. Apply that to every position.

Pretty sure the EFL want some kind of integrity within their competition so they'll sort it out somehow.

Ideally you just bin off the FIFA World Club Cup, a shocking tournament (and another one currently legitimising Qatar, fuck off with that). Literally no-one cares. I quite liked the one off European vs South American champions game but this just has no worth. I've watched bits of it before when Real were playing, it's a joke.

They been drawn against a Mexican team first up most likely. Doubt they will have any issues winning that with the team that beat arsenal. Then fly the first team players out if they wish for the final after they’ve beat Villa in the cup.

Or probably the best idea is play half the first team players in each game and then play a full strength team against the (likely) South American’s if they want to make sure they win it

Seamus Coleman brought a group of Everton players into the Spurs dressing room to console a distraught Son Heung Min after his tackle on Andre Gomes.

Coleman sat with him and told him it wasn't his fault.

Top class stuff from Coleman there.

Cardiff continue to be classy over the Sala transfer fee. They are now facing a 3 transfer window ban if they don't pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back