• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Woods and Sawyer are teaming up to gently destroy the fucking shitgibbon

Just seen the photos and texts from the aftermath of the Derby crash..... wow.

Those guys are fucked.

Well football players have killed people and still got employment. They’ll get hefty fines from the club and the law (drop in the ocean), and be back playing again.

I’ve seen a supposed picture of Keogh’s knee, no idea if it’s real

It’s horrific and they should be sacked but Punts is also correct.

There's also the question of the baggy in the photo too.

n6wcHsF.png

I love how he continually gets rinsed.

I'd rather go for a pint with Hitler's ghost than him.

The bloke is a total irrelevance now his opinion should be taken no more seriously than your regular twitter troll.

He loves Qatar as they are happy to pay misogynist pricks to front their shite channel

I do love his stance on not doing anything for a Murdoch company again. As if it is some moral stance rather than they would never touch him again

I do love his stance on not doing anything for a Murdoch company again. As if it is some moral stance rather than they would never touch him again

No chance Alan would have wanted to return to the BBC whilst Tony Hayers was still there.

I bumped into Dean Smith today whilst he was walking his dog, he asked me to give him a hand as he has lots of trouble holding onto the lead

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/30/doha-world-athletics-championships-crowds-iaaf

Great portent this for the World Cup.

Stop giving events to nonsense countries. If they have a culture of watching live sport then there's some mitigation (the US didn't have a proper league back in 1994, but at least you know that millions of people watch MLB/NHL/NBA/NFL every single week) but this is basically transplanting a tournament into a Bilston-sized area of the desert. Having the Europa League final in Baku last season was an unspeakably poor decision.

I'm sure the Qatarangutan Richard Keys will defend it in some way. But FFS.

Cardiff City told to pay transfer fee of £5.3m to Nantes for Emiliano Sala

Cardiff City told to pay transfer fee of £5.3m to Nantes for Emiliano Sala

Actually they have to pay all the £15m. This was the first payment they were refusing to make so Nantes got FIFA to sort it out. The same process will follow if Cardiff refuse to pay any more

Some lovely stuff from our Jag enthusiast.

“The one thing I pride myself on is being honest.

“I have only been here a few weeks but you learn on performances and games like today.

“We have to go back to the training ground and do the basics better.

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride, having a go.

“We have let everybody down today.

“I always knew it was a challenge and I was delighted to take the challenge…let us hope we can turn it around.

“I have the appetite to do it.

“We have to go back to basics and there are four or five who are itching to play…I will look at that.

“We needed to regroup (after Hayden’s red card) and show more effort, more endeavour, more fight, more spirit.

“That is the hugely disappointing thing from the group I have worked with…that was not good to see.

“Effort is a big big part of the game and we have not done enough, we have not laid a glove on Leicester in the second half.

“The white flag came out too early.

“We were OK defensively but were all over the place in the second half.

“We made too many mistakes, gave bad goals away and the lack of effort towards the end was nowhere near enough for the magnificent support we brought down.

“We have to put a shift in and we have not done enough.”

That could very easily be a Dave Jones interview from 2004.

Brucie was saying 10 years ago that he "doesn't do tactics". A bit like an accountant saying he "doesn't do numbers".

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride, having a go.

Yep, why worry about tactics when you can just go out on the pitch thumping your chest. Much more important than tactics or a gameplan

The dinosaurs are slowly being eradicated. Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew, Hughes, Moyes...hard to see any of them getting a Premier League job again. Lower down the chain, it's surely over for imbeciles like Holloway, Allen, Slade, Jones, Megson, Coyle etc. Warnock will finally follow through on his 2001 promise and retire soon.

Somehow this skidmark is still hanging around though in the Premier League and peddling this complete rubbish.

Rarely have I seen teams as badly set up as his Villa and Newcastle "efforts". He's never had an iota of sophistication or thought about him but he's firmly in the realm of self-parody now. Just signs players and sends them out. No plan at all. His current formation is more or less 8-0-2. It hasn't entered into his feeble mind why his nominal attackers don't get many chances. They had four touches in Leicester's box on Sunday. Four.

He's still a prat as well.

To think some of our fans actively wanted him here in 2012.

Unfortunately the media still give them airtime to push their nonsense. Heard Allardyce yesterday defending Bruce, saying they have had a better start under Bruce than under Rafa last year. Adrian Durham went to town on him in the afternoon

Bruceosaurus Wreck cancelled training yesterday as he was too angry to face the players!

Bruceosaurus Wreck cancelled training yesterday as he was too angry to face the players!
Yeah that'll teach them, give them the day off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back