• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 20 minutes from the Alamodome, so briefly considered going to Mexico v Argentine tonight, but

No guarantee Raul plays
No Messi/Aguero
Doesn't start until 9pm
Only a friendly
Working until 9:30pm
Tickets $70 minimum
Can legally watch it for free on tv

How did you end up living in Texas? Is it as redneck as we Brits think it is? I guess it isn't as all stereotypes are exaggerated, but it always seems very guns and god

My wife is from here. Texas cities are not as backward as I feared, but rural Texas is like rural anywhere in the US - full of god-fearing, gun totin', republicans (who are usually very friendly unless you criticise them).

Just noticed you said "guns and god". Spot on.

Always "sir" or "ma'am"

SA is majority latino, so texmex food, very polite and humble, not politically active.

"Mike Riley confirms four decisions have been missed by VAR so far in the Premier League this season and that more interventions will be made from now on"

I wouldn't be increasing the VAR workload when they are struggling with what they currently have. Also told refs to back what the VAR ref tells them rather than use the screen to see a replay themselves

Enjoyed this one, simply because the amount of games we have played in a short space of time. Never mind the players be exhausted, I was struggling by the Torino game

To be fair, I have been pleased for the players of the break. But as a fan, so much grinds to a halt.

I say that, I've had so much work stuff going on the past few weeks that perhaps I need an international break!

One positive aspect is that it's stopped the worst ever run of shit accumulators I've put on.

4 weekends running and I've not had a single leg come in yet, and I normally put 5 or 6 on. I should get a consolation prize for being so utterly shit at it. I decided against it for the international break. Might not bother this weekend either.

Not one in four weekends?!! That is some going!

My current fave acca is Over 1.5 goals. I've had three wins already this season, and been done by one leg twice!

You don't even have to know anything about the league or the team. Just look at their recent results (Skybet shows last 6 for each) and steer clear of any ties that feature any team who've had more than one 0-0 or 1-0 in that period. Downside is you need at least 6 teams to make it worth it. But generally most legs come in.

Last edited:
The over/under markets are definitely good for accas. I used to do corners, found I landed it more than cards or goals.

Haven't done an Acca in ages tbh. Got pissed off with one team always letting me down.

The over/under markets are definitely good for accas. I used to do corners, found I landed it more than cards or goals.

Haven't done an Acca in ages tbh. Got pissed off with one team always letting me down.
So pick a bookie with acca insurance.

Not one in four weekends?!! That is some going!

My current fave acca is Over 1.5 goals. I've had three wins already this season, and been done by one leg twice!

You don't even have to know anything about the league or the team. Just look at their recent results (Skybet shows last 6 for each) and steer clear of any ties that feature any team who've had more than one 0-0 or 1-0 in that period. Downside is you need at least 6 teams to make it worth it. But generally most legs come in.

Had the Over 1.5 goals acca come in the last 2 weekends. A 12 fold and a 13 fold. Also had an over 2.5 goals 6 fold come in last weekend. Been a profitable start to the season

Might try that this weekend, though I’ve tried BTTS ones before and somehow manage to pick 4 0-0 draws out of 6 games I select.

Over 1.5 is better than BTTS as either team can win 2-0, 3-0 etc and you're still ok.

Slightly shorter odds though.

A pundit on Italian TV was immediately suspended following racist comments he made on-air regarding Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

TopCalcio24's Luciano Passirani was suspended shortly after making a comment directed at Lukaku on Sunday.

Speaking on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show, Passirani started off by saying, "I don't see any other player in Italy now like Lukaku. [...] I really like him," before adding, "the only way to stop him is to say, Here are ten bananas that you can eat."

Staggering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back