• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting one for the FL regarding Bury. A late bidder yesterday spoke with them to say they would have proof of funds today, so can they delay kicking the club out of the League by 24 hours. Obviously the FL declined that but the wannabe owners have now sent over the proof of funds needed. So do they FL sit back and carry saying its sad news they have had to kick the club out or do they wind it back and let this takeover happen and Bury remain in the League

If they've got any common sense or decency they'll let them back in.

My mate is a Burton STH and he wants to know if the EFL are going to refund him the price of a match ticket for when Bury don't show up for their fixture. And refund every other STH of every other L1 club while they're at it.

Rumours that Tyrone Mings is going to be named in the England squad....

It's worth it so I can mock the disgusting specimen.

As for Dale, I know he goes bust quite a lot (40+ times at the last count) but I reckon he could afford a proofreader. I'd do it for him except I don't work for thieves and/or professional asset strippers.

It's worth it so I can mock the disgusting specimen.

As for Dale, I know he goes bust quite a lot (40+ times at the last count) but I reckon he could afford a proofreader. I'd do it for him except I don't work for thieves and/or professional asset strippers.

Doubt that you would get paid anyway!

It's fine, I'd just invoice it out at £4,000/hr. Then when he agrees a CVA at 1p in the pound I'd end up about right.

Depends what you're asking me to do...

I don't know why he's persisting with this charade though. If there is even a small percentage of the chance of a rescue, he is just going to totally junk it if he's still around.

Excerpt from Owen's book:

"Freddy [Shepherd] was only doing what all the fans constantly do at almost every football club. They believe their club is 10% bigger and their team is 10% better than it actually is. This kind of blind delusion is especially true of Newcastle United - which, as I reach for the nearest tin hat, is only a big club in the sense that it has a lot of fans and a big stadium."

Geordies will love that. He's not wrong though.

"Freddy [Shepherd] was only doing what all the fans constantly do at almost every football club. They believe their club is 10% bigger and their team is 10% better than it actually is. This kind of blind delusion is especially true of Newcastle United - which, as I reach for the nearest tin hat, is only a big club in the sense that it has a lot of fans and a big stadium."

When he signed for them they had been in European football for the majority of the ten seasons before. At the time they were a big club and considered to be part of the top six.

It’s very blunt and to the point but it’s a view point that’ll be agreed with in a lot of places. Newcastle are an odd club massive support and stadium but tradition of winning trophies doesn’t match it, well certainly after 1955 when they’ve only won 1 trophy since.
Club size is the most debatable topic in football as it can’t actually be measured.

Ricky Lambert is enjoying his retirement
6a547e05a0dcdb6c033badf6abacfbbb.jpg

Fucking yikes, Italy.

After the latest theatre show surrounding ultras' apparent racism by those who want to pick up the easy popularity points which are borne out of ignorance, Milan's Curva Nord has once again decided to repeat the difference between real racism and the "instrumented" version which do not concern the ultras -- as all the fake moralists out there love to make out in order to create needless panic and freely condemn our world...

Hi Romelu. We are writing you on behalf of Curva Nord, yes the guys who welcomed you at your arrival in Milan.

We are really sorry you thought that what happened in Cagliari was racist. You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a REAL problem. We understand that it could have seemed racist to you but it is not like that.

In Italy we use some 'ways' only to 'help our teams' and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up. We are a multiethnic fans organisation and we have always welcomed players from everywhere. However, we have always used that 'way' with other teams' players in the past and we probably will in the future.

Imagine being that arrogant. Not to mention disgustingly bigoted.

Huddersfield fined 50k for the PaddyPower kit stunt. No doubt PP will pay that. Huddersfield's chairman asked the ref to ban them from wearing the kit as that would create extra media coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back