• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still has a way to go but currently driving at 150mph towards their standard. If Bury are booted out of the League on Tuesday he beats them

He still has a way to go but currently driving at 150mph towards their standard. If Bury are booted out of the League on Tuesday he beats them

Obviously living where I live, my Blackpool supporting mates have said they were never this close to being kicked out but were being bled dry by old rapey

EFL saying if Bolton don't have a credible plan to resolve their current situation by 5pm on Tuesday they could be booted from the League.

EFL saying if Bolton don't have a credible plan to resolve their current situation by 5pm on Tuesday they could be booted from the League.
Apparently it's 14 days from Tuesday

BBC Sport website

"If a successful conclusion to a sale is not found or there are no credible plans for the club to continue the season in administration by the planned board meeting at 17:00 BST on Tuesday 27 August 2019, then the EFL board will consider lifting the suspension on the notice of withdrawal of the club's membership of the league."

Maybe John McGinlay can save them.

Maybe John McGinlay can save them.

Lol, he’s claimed to have a restraining order from entering the ground (according to a Bolton support I know)

I really want them to end up getting expelled and go bust pettily so Kenny will give me a new title

Lol, he’s claimed to have a restraining order from entering the ground (according to a Bolton support I know)

I really want them to end up getting expelled and go bust pettily so Kenny will give me a new title

Ken Andersen banned him last year after he criticised Bolton on Radio Lancs or sone such station.

Bolton’s latest takeover has fallen through!

Administrator has said if a takeover hasn’t happened by 5pm tomorrow they’ll begin the process of liquidation

So basically be expelled from the league and all points won against them become void.

Effectively and the ground gets become the largest non league ground of all time for AFC Horwich

It is getting out of hand with how this clubs are run. Luton, Leeds, Southampton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bury, Chelsea, Hartlepool, Darlington, Notts County, Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace and a few others have all dodged this bullet but the EFL need to do something to stop clubs running at such a high loss whether it’s a spending cap or better financial support from the premier league something needs to be done after Bolton go bump

Simple case of clubs living beyond their means. It’s not impossible to run a lower league properly, most chairman accept that they’re club will never be able to get to the top. They also recognise its importance within its locality.
Use to have a cont

It is getting out of hand with how this clubs are run. Luton, Leeds, Southampton, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bury, Chelsea, Hartlepool, Darlington, Notts County, Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace and a few others have all dodged this bullet but the EFL need to do something to stop clubs running at such a high loss whether it’s a spending cap or better financial support from the premier league something needs to be done after Bolton go bump

Darlington went bust and the FA did fuck all to help them. They reformed as Darlington1883, playing in the 9th tier and were only permitted to go back to their real name a couple of years ago

I know we're supposed to hate Bolton and everything but this is all incredibly awful to watch.

What do their supporters do now? Pitch and create their own version of AFC Wimbledon?

Bolton aren't going bust. It's never been going to happen and still isn't

Sounds like the financial mess they are in just makes it impossible for someone to come in and takeover, unless they are a billionaire with a lot of cash to burn.

The EFL should be ashamed of their part in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back