• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Forest striker Junior Agogo has died aged 40.

Ian Holloway said:
something we all voted for and we all want them to produce for us, whether it’s a no deal or not. That’s what I’m sick and fed up with.

What?

Ian Holloway said:
I’m not that stupid

Debatable.

Rumours are Bury might have been saved.

EFL are considering a deadline extension on Bury’s expulsion

They’ll allow it if there’s any chance the club will be sold, next problem is accumulating some players.

They’ll allow it if there’s any chance the club will be sold, next problem is accumulating some players.
They will fully load up on loans. 2 from us for starters. Rest made up of kids and re-signing any player still available. They will get through but they face a proper battle not to finish the season on minus points.

When they go down its a reset period for them with new owners, debt hopefully resolved and a brighter future

Bury have been given until 17:00 on Tuesday to complete the sale

It's hope. It's a sign of a lifeline.

Fingers crossed for them. At times like this it probably isn't a bad thing to remember how close we were to this same fate.

From the press release. No sale actually done but enough for the EFL to say if its signed off they are happy with the new owners but not done by 5pm that is 100% it. They won't simply postpone anymore games for Bury and L1 will be a 23 team League for 1 season.

How much is the actual debt? I’ve heard £40m being said and £4m the next breath

Well - from what I understand (and this is not confirmed at all so may NOT be gospel) £7m of debt was transferred from Bury to a company owned by Dale's son in law over the last couple of days. For £100k. Under the terms of the CVA 25% of the debt will be paid back. So Dale's son in law gets £1.75m for an outlay of £100k.

That is a fucking disgrace.

Fucking hell I thought the Oystons were bad Dale is starting to make Owen and Karl look like great owners (in my opinion of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back