• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he is using his illness as a sympathy card while he does it.

Keeps blaming the EFL to, blatantly have debts they can’t pay and can’t financially prove they can survive the season. Keeps blaming previous owners about the mess of the club. Well due diligence must take place when buying any business if it’s a mess leave it for someone who can resolve it.
Apparently he wants £5 million, £2million to clear the debt and £3million for him. Remember he only bought the club for £1.

The altercation between Dale and Bury player on Talksport was pretty epic this morning. Dale just sounds like a crook after quick earner pretty deplorable character by the sounds of it.

Stephen Dawson was the player and you can hear the pure stress in his voice over the situation. Dale came across as another Ken Anderson, not interested in the club just his bank balance

Watched the Leeds doc on Amazon this weekend.

A few intersting things, especially the Dan James attempted transfer and the owners reaction to the Bielsa press conference during Spygate but the rest of it...my word. Whoever wrote the script for Russell Crowe to read needs to have a word with themselves. By the end of the first episode you are essentially watching one of the greatest teams in the world with the worlds greatest coach using the worlds greatest tactics witht he worlds greatest players.

The most annoying thing though is the guy they have used to do comms on the clips. Clearly done just for this doc and he has obviously seen the goals numerous times as there are moments where describes what is about to happen (but its done as if he is watching the game live). His description of some moments are amazing. They beat Blackburn, coming from 2-1 down with 2 late goals and he says "you will not be able to write a better script or find a game where stuff like this has happened before" The fook you on about pal?

Bolton are probably going to get another 3 points docked for voluntary postponement of the game at Doncaster. Reality is it’s irrelevant even if they get through the season I’d be amazed if their point tally gets to double figures.
Can understand literally throwing the youth players to slaughter week in week out.
Big Al and Big Sam with the usual black and white view point of get them out there they should want to play. Yep if they’re in a side with senior pros not turning up knowing they’re on a hiding to nothing.

Bury on the brink

Owner rejects a takeover offer
Kicked out of the League Cup
Game v Tranmere postponed
3 Days left before the EFL kick them out of the League

Bury on the brink

Owner rejects a takeover offer
Kicked out of the League Cup
Game v Tranmere postponed
3 Days left before the EFL kick them out of the League

Can’t imagine there’s much hope for them especially with the EFL saying “it’s okay you can reapply down the pyramid”

Only hope for them now is to accept the punishment & get resurrected in some form lower down - it's been done before if there are enough people & will to make it happen

That's Bury gone I am afraid. This owner is a disgrace.

The offer was a decent offer as well (rumoured to be debt cleared + a sum for dale) people are going to lose there homes because Dale is being a cunt!

I know. It's appalling stuff. Frankly the EFL should kick him out of control and take over short term running of the club until the (very fair) offer can be processed*

*this assumes that those making the offer aren't shysters as well, but time is properly short here to save a fine old club.

Whispers that the bid was made by Norman Smurthwaite, formerly of Port Vale. Definitely steer clear.

I know. It's appalling stuff. Frankly the EFL should kick him out of control and take over short term running of the club until the (very fair) offer can be processed*

*this assumes that those making the offer aren't shysters as well, but time is properly short here to save a fine old club.

The EFL have been lucky to avoid these disaster decisions so many times (Darlington, Blackpool, Charlton, Luton, Leyton Orient, US just to name a few) I truly believe they don’t know what to do. I freelanced for a company that deals with both Bury and Bolton shuttles and away coaches. Members of staff at both clubs have lost houses, cars and almost everything over unpaid wages and dismissals on any grounds (mainly Bury) these shit bag owners are destroying peoples lives and the EFL seem like they don’t know what to do other than suspend games and dock points!

Just add to the crisis clubs,
- Coventry don’t have a home ground, (how was that allowed to happen) EFL response: sort it or expulsion

It was allowed to happen because SISU are a bunch of asset-stripping cuntknuckles.

Had no idea Smurthwaite was involved in the Bury bail out. He is a spectacular fucking wanker and a stain on football, but that is a slight bit better than oblivion I suppose. Not a lot better though, I admit.

Ian Holloway not happy with VAR or the handball stuff

His solution? Get Brexit sorted and get out of the EU as they should not be allowed to tell us how to play OUR game.

Fucking hell Ian!!

Ian Holloway not happy with VAR or the handball stuff

His solution? Get Brexit sorted and get out of the EU as they should not be allowed to tell us how to play OUR game.

Fucking hell Ian!!
It's not funny though is it? It's bollocks like this, complete with his "that's what we all voted for" line at the end which is why there shouldn't have been a vote in the first place. We haven't moved on since the Brexit means we can't take part in the Ryder Cup shite from over 3 years ago. Stupid people boil my piss.

It begs the question why utterly thick twats like Holloway are given the chance to air their unbelievable horseshit in the first place. Who would willingly put that out on air?

It begs the question why utterly thick twats like Holloway are given the chance to air their unbelievable horseshit in the first place. Who would willingly put that out on air?

I think you've just summed up the majority of the British media's coverage of Brexit there.

I think you've just summed up the majority of the British media's coverage of Brexit there.

Not just Brexit though is it. TV shows invite people on to talk about the Earth being flat for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back