• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Bloody hell! 30 miles in a week?!

I did an 8 mile run last week - the longest run I've ever done. I enjoyed it actually but I couldn't do that 3 times with a 10k on top of that in a week! All about building fitness I guess. Good luck with the main event.

Slow and steady! Best way to build distance is to slow down! Increase by 10% each week and every 4th week cut the miles right down to rest and recuperate.

Slow and steady! Best way to build distance is to slow down! Increase by 10% each week and every 4th week cut the miles right down to rest and recuperate.

When I hit the 10k mark during that 8 mile run when I deliberately paced myself turned out to be faster than the previous one I did at normal pace! So it looks like you're bang on with that.

Smashed the Great North Run with a PB of 1.50.46. 7 mins quicker than last year.

I've also raised over 500 quid for the Alzheimer's Society, now for pizza, beer and Guardian's of the Galaxy 2!

Well done Aiki - hopefully you had decent weather conditions for it as it was wet & windy when I came back home this morning

Well done Aiki - hopefully you had decent weather conditions for it as it was wet & windy when I came back home this morning

The weather was perfect running conditions Parkin! However the weather for getting to the metro was a touch torrential!

Really impressive time Aiki - well done mate.

I did a 10k in the pissing rain earlier. Took it easy pace wise so wasn't attempting a fast time but I almost slipped into the canal a few times.

Really impressive time Aiki - well done mate.

I did a 10k in the pissing rain earlier. Took it easy pace wise so wasn't attempting a fast time but I almost slipped into the canal a few times.

Cheers langers, I'm really chuffed with my time!

If you fallen in the canal and cycled home you could have been a triathlete!

Top work sir. Not just today but on the previous 287 miles.

Disappointed you didn't beat Mo Farah though...

Top work sir. Not just today but on the previous 287 miles.

Disappointed you didn't beat Mo Farah though...

Mo cheated and set off 20 minutes before me, so I didn't really have chance!

I did overtake Davina McCall though!

Just did a 5k run in 22:42. Best time in absolutely ages - I don't think I've got under 24 minutes very often in 2017. It clearly works to be in a shitty mood before going on a run!

Good work, o' hairy jowled one.

Apparently I did a 5k PB on Monday but I need to check it when I upload the activity as my Garmin reckoned I did a significantly sub-4-minute first kilometre, something which I have barely ever done. So, if Strava says so then so be it, a case of Garmin ballsing up in my favour.

On the subject of Strava, I see people using the 'safe zone' now and then; my question is this: If you do a loop then surely it would be possible to work out the rough starting location by using a couple of arcs slightly bigger than the middle between the two points, drawing a line between where they cross one another and repeating the process from there, thereon giving you a fairly narrow area?

Just did a 5k run in 22:42. Best time in absolutely ages - I don't think I've got under 24 minutes very often in 2017. It clearly works to be in a $#@!ty mood before going on a run!

I did 22.47 yesterday, but am a lot older than you. Paying for it today, my right hamstring has tightened up.

I did 22.47 yesterday, but am a lot older than you.

sdey.gif

Well I feel absolutely fine so there. :icon_lol:

Ahh, lovely 80s Molly Ringwald in the correct thread. :)

Ok peeps, think I'm going to have to get into some serious cycling over the next couple of weeks. The car broke down and I don't think it'll be fixed before mid-October... so without the proper clothing and only a decent helmet, this was my first (relatively poor) effort this morning: https://www.strava.com/activities/1183216984

Without reading through the whole thread, any beginner tips on where to go for clothing (especially in this cold weather), helmets, maybe even a set of lights please?

Back